How to record baseball game after first 2 hours?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenplay
I've Been Here Awhile

How to record baseball game after first 2 hours?

Instead of watching a whole baseball game, I would like to start the recording after the first two hours and just watch the conclusion.  For instance, today's game starts at 3 pm, and I would to watch the game from 5 pm on.   BTW I have the latest Nextbox.  Please give instructions.  Thanks.

***Edited Labels**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
tenplay
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: How to record baseball game after first 2 hours?

Thanks for all the helpful replies.  Very supportive community, I must say.  I faced the same dilemma when I first had Rogers installed last summer and found the solution online.  But I cannot find it now.  Smiley Mad  It involved going into the Guide, moving the cursor all the way to the left onto the channel number, clicking on it and opening another menu, then ???  I will have to do more exploring since the solution must still be available.  In the meantime, I will try the creative solution of recording the program following the game and starting it an hour early.  Then I can record from the 2 hour mark of the scheduled 3 hour game.

"did just think of another option/workaround. You could record the programme that follows the game (6PM?) and start that recording 1 hour early.  That would avoid the need for FF/skipping and would record the last hour as you desired (assuming the event is 3 hours).  I hope that these tips are useful."

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @tenplay

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Currently we do not offer a feature that allows you to start/stop recording at a specific time for our programming. In response to your request, the option would be to record the full game and fast forward the recording to where you would like to start viewing.

@RogersPrasana

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, the manual timer feature was removed from the firmware some time ago.  It would be possible to (manually) tune to the specific channel at 5PM and hit the red "record" button.  You could then return afterwards and watch what you have recorded.  If it's a live game, it's aways good to extend the recording by an hour or 3, which you would have to do when/if you set up the recording.

If you record the entire programme, it's probably faster to use the "skip forward" (Page+) button repeatedly instead of FF, but that's your choice.  It skips 3 minutes with each press and if I recall, can even be held down, skipping 3 minutes every second or so you hold it down.

I did just think of another option/workaround. You could record the programme that follows the game (6PM?) and start that recording 1 hour early.  That would avoid the need for FF/skipping and would record the last hour as you desired (assuming the event is 3 hours).  I hope that these tips are useful.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@tenplay I have an SA8300HD, which is not as crippled as the Nextbox, and can adjust the start and stop times of any recordings I schedule by minutes or hours, as I wish, right on the PVR. I can also do it using the RAPTV web app. What do you see with the web app and the Nextbox? can you not change the start time there? When 57 said you can start recording the following program x-number of hours early instead, does that mean recordings using the Nextbox can only be scheduled to start earlier, not later? If that's the case, then what 57 said should work (or start it manually with the Record button if you're there at the right time).

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@tenplay wrote:

Instead of watching a whole baseball game, I would like to start the recording after the first two hours and just watch the conclusion.  For instance, today's game starts at 3 pm, and I would to watch the game from 5 pm on.   BTW I have the latest Nextbox.  Please give instructions.  Thanks.

If you're talking about the Blue Jays, why not just watch or record "Blue Jays in 20 Minutes" the following morning.  All the highlights in 30 minutes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR

Since you don't have Navigatr or Nextbox, your comments are often confusing to people posting who do have Navigatr/Nextbox. The Navigatr firmware (and AnyPlace using Navigatr) does not allow you to start recordings late, or at specific times like you can do with SARA/8300HD. Navigatr/AnyPlace with Navigatr only allows you to start early, or end late by certain specific amounts limited by Navigatr (5, 15, 30, 60 180 minutes).

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Noted. So what one sees and can do on the RAPTV web app is different if you have Nextbox/Navigatr or the older SARA interface.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
tenplay
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for all the helpful replies.  Very supportive community, I must say.  I faced the same dilemma when I first had Rogers installed last summer and found the solution online.  But I cannot find it now.  Smiley Mad  It involved going into the Guide, moving the cursor all the way to the left onto the channel number, clicking on it and opening another menu, then ???  I will have to do more exploring since the solution must still be available.  In the meantime, I will try the creative solution of recording the program following the game and starting it an hour early.  Then I can record from the 2 hour mark of the scheduled 3 hour game.

"did just think of another option/workaround. You could record the programme that follows the game (6PM?) and start that recording 1 hour early.  That would avoid the need for FF/skipping and would record the last hour as you desired (assuming the event is 3 hours).  I hope that these tips are useful."

View solution in original post

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tenplay wrote:

... when I first had Rogers installed last summer and found the solution online.  But I cannot find it now.  Smiley Mad  It involved going into the Guide, moving the cursor all the way to the left onto the channel number, clicking on it and opening another menu, then ???

I tried this and it does nothing in Navigatr, not even highlight the channel number.  In SARA (I have an SA8300HD too) it highlights the channel number, but again, does nothing.  To set a manual recording in SARA firmware, you go into your list of recordings and press preferences - you can then set a manual recording. Are you sure you didn't have SARA when you were able to do this last summer?  You haven't been able to set a manual recording in RTN or Navigatr firmware for a long time - years.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

It's very unfortunate that the feature does not exist with the Nextbox. I also have an SA8300HD PVR and record every Blue Jays game and set the recording for 5 hours because you never know how long a game will be, like the one in Colorado a few days ago, which took close to 6 hours because of a bad storm. I usually start watching the recording after the game has been in progress for roughly 2 hours, then fast forward through all the commercials, of course. Once the game has settled in, if one team has scored a few runs and the other has not, I start fast forwarding until something interesting happens on the scoreboard. If the Jays are out west, I record the usual 5 hours and watch it the next morning.