How to get a locked iphone unlocked?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How to get a locked iphone unlocked?

Hi. My friend is thinking about getting a new phone and was wondering if i wanted her iphone. But her iphone is with BELL and my contract is with ROGERS so how would i get it unlocked? Can ROGERS unlock it for me so then i would be able to just put my SIM CARD in it and thats that? Or would i get BELL to unlock it for me and then go to ROGERS and get them to get the iphone with my contract?Smiley Embarassed Smiley Happy

Spoiler

***edited labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to get a locked iphone unlocked?

Hello minimouse

Rogers will NOT unlock a Bell locked phone. She will need to contact Bell for the iPhone to be unlocked. Rogers will not unlock another carriers phone.

Once Bell unlocks the phone, then you can add your Rogers sim & it will work just fine :).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello minimouse

Rogers will NOT unlock a Bell locked phone. She will need to contact Bell for the iPhone to be unlocked. Rogers will not unlock another carriers phone.

Once Bell unlocks the phone, then you can add your Rogers sim & it will work just fine :).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The process for unlocking a IPhone is ridiculous
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You may wish to try a 3rd party to unlock the phone.  I believe the cell providers charge around $50 to unlock the phone.  Third parties will unlock it for less but you need to be careful to get a reliable source to provide the unlock code, and you need to follow their instructions.  Google "unlock Iphone" for some possible sites.

I unsuccessfully tried unlocking my old android flip phone a few years ago.  I paid the party (I think by Paypal).  However, they were unable to provide a code.  They were honest and promptly refunded my payment.

Perhaps others have unlocked an IPhone through a third party and can provide more information.