How to force a connection to LTE on iPhone5?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcyngiser
I've Been Here Awhile

How to force a connection to LTE on iPhone5?

I cannot seem to connect to the LTE network on my iphone5 even though the LTE option is checked off - i am stuck on 3G... please help!!

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to force a connection to LTE on iPhone5?

Hello Icyngiser

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it?. Also is a LTE nano sim card?.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Icyngiser

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it?. Also is a LTE nano sim card?.

View solution in original post

RogersMaude

Hello @lcyngiser ,

Welcome to the Forums & Thank you for your post!

@Meowmix gave you great advices Smiley Wink

I just wanted to remind you that, in order to connect to the LTE network and experience LTE speeds, you must meet the following requirements:

• Be in the LTE coverage area.
    • Have a compatible LTE Smartphone.
    • Have an LTE enabled SIM card. 

Rogers LTE SIM cards are marked as LTE on the front or back of the card itself. You can also confirm that a SIM card is LTE-ready by checking the number printed on the SIM card, it should indicate 403405, or 406 as the last 3 digits.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

lcyngiser
I've Been Here Awhile

yes - been there and done that... i have only been experiencing this issue for the past week, but prior to that I had no issues connecting to the LTE network

lcyngiser
I've Been Here Awhile

i will double check the nano sim card - as i meet all other criteria. the odd thing is that i have had the phone for several years and never experienced any issues until recently with the LTE network...
thanks for the advice
wwlc21
I've Been Around

have you had this problem solved yet? i have the exact same problem as yours, even went to get a new sim card to make sure. the new sim card worked for a few days, and currently back to 3G again. (i have also used another rogers sim, LTE fine) im thinking there's some thing wrong with my profile or something but CS hasn't seem to be able to catch it yet. im tired of calling again and again