How to delete this account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

How to delete this account

How can i delete this account?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to delete this account

Hello @Draker15

One of the staff can PM you or you can PM them and they can do it for u. @RogersPrasana @Rogerscommunity @RogersDarrell @RogersAmanda
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Draker15,

I'm sorry to hear you no longer wish to participate in the Community Smiley Sad

Unfortunately, we cannot delete anyone's username or content. What we can do is place a BAN on your account so you would not be able to login or post anymore.

Please feel free to PM me if you would like to proceed.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Draker15 wrote:

How can i delete this account?

Is your account the same as your Rogers account, or are you not a Rogers customer?

Why would you want to delete it? If you don't want to participate in the Community Forum, just don't come here. If you're getting email notifications for threads you've posted in months ago, just go into your settings and unsubscribe or just check Don't send me any community emails  Just curious.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

Some choice to remove their accounts permanently then just having them being blocked or banned. Also the user has left Rogers & is with another company & has picked to want to remove & delete the account. The OP just made one thread & as of today does not want to have their account active it seems. So even going into the settings, won't do much if someone gets ahold of their computer / username & or password to log into the forums.

Either way @RogersDarrell gave the OP the best choice at this point.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I can appreciate not wanting one's information and inactive accounts out there. You never know when companies will sell your email address to someone. I suspect that's what the poster is concerned about. Nobody reads and analyzes  all the fine print when signing up on forums. I believe even if you close your account on Facebook, it's still there for them to do as they like as outlined deep in the fine print. I doubt that "closing" the account as suggested Rogers by accepting a "ban" will protect a user from exploitation.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

The BAN option make sense...

but what happens if a user changes mind or returns down the road?

is there a way to request ban to be removed? I mean, I am talking in general here, not specific to OP.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

There is a option that the mods wil provide the OP or user to unblock if they wish. That will be give and told to u when u request to be banned. So yes there is a way to communicate and ask to be unbanned. The social media team from Rogers works together. So u can go on Twitter or Facebook and request it or they will provide u another way.