How to confirm my iPhone 3GS is unlocked?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: How to confirm my iPhone 3GS is unlocked?

Hi

well it's locked.

I've used a sim from our carrier "Deutsche Telekom"

I can't activate the iphone with them.

Apples homepage says:

iPhone 3GS

Serial Number: QRxxxxxxxNR

Please activate your iPhone

I've bought a Rogers SIM.

Now I still waiting.

I think I must ask Rogers, when I activated the iphone with the sim.

Regards

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello camelon

Contact Rogers & ask them to help you out a bit more.

They most likely can help you & see if they can unlock it for you.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi

yes I will do it, when I've received the sim-card.

How can i contact Rogers, what's the best way for a german guy?

I wish you a lazy weekend.

regards

I've Been Here Awhile

try connecting the device to itunes.it will say that you have successfully unlocked

I've Been Around

iPhone 3GS Unlock?! Please Help

I have purchased a iPhone 3GS 32GB off ebay and Rogers is carrier.

I would like to know If I can anyhow get it unlocked from rogers,

so I can use my SIM because I'm from Serbia.

Please help me guys, contract and warranty have expired years ago.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 3GS Unlock?! Please Help

Hello spark714

Sadly u will not be able to get Rogers to unlock it. In order to get it unlocked, the phone MUST be on a Rogers wireless account and active in the network. Here is the info as well from rogers.

What are the restrictions?

When you purchase a wireless device on a new or existing Rogers account at full price, you are eligible to unlock it immediately.

For those customers who are under a term commitment, we have made some changes to our device unlocking policy to give you more flexibility in the way you use your wireless device. In March 2013, we’ll be changing our policy so that you no longer have to wait until you complete your full term commitment – you can unlock 90 days after activating your device on the Rogers network. We’re also making it even easier for you to have your phone unlocked by bringing it to any of our Rogers retail stores.

How much will it cost?

You can unlock your device for $50 plus applicable taxes.

Update March 6th, 6pm: Hi everybody. We’re happy to announce that our new unlocking policy will be implemented effective March 28th.
I Plan to Stick Around

There are sites on the internet that will unlock any phone for a fee. How reputable they are is a gamble. If your phone was on a Rogers contract, it may not work outside of North America even if it is unlocked. You would have to check the Apple site to see if that model is useable before you spend the time and money to have it unlocked.

Elrond

------NOT a Rogers employee-----
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Elrond

That is correct BUT they are asking for Rogers to unlock it. The sites are NOT 100% accurate to unlock iPhones. Also that is correct BUT u can still use it on most carriers in the states.
I Plan to Stick Around

I realize they were asking about Rogers and expanding on the info you provided.
The US is still in North America, poster indicated they are from Serbia. Unlocked 3G from North America may not work there.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Elrond

Most of Serbia's carriers offer the same services as Rogers frequency. I went there last year & brought my phone from Rogers to Serbia & Greece. Worked just fine.

Come Cities / countries very so you need to do some research on this before you are traveling to make sure the phone is compatible with the networks.