How to configure my new hitron 2 in 1 with my iMac and Time Capsule

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: How to configure my new hitron 2 in 1 with my iMac and Time Capsule

@cluettwi wrote:

My TC has a 2009 date on the back. I assumed that the Rogers router found in my new modem would be better.

A dangerous assumption, I'm afraid...

Which Rogers plan are you on?

Here's how I see it: if your TC is that old, then it is possible that it cannot handle the throughput of the higher-speed plans (e.g. the 100/250 megabit plans). In that case, in theory, the Rogers gateway has an advantage. But, on the flip side, you still have to deal with the bugs and poor software quality... 

I'd try bridging the Rogers gateway, then hook up a computer wired to the TC, and go to speedtest.net. See if you can get the expected speeds for your plan. If yes, great! If not, perhaps it's time to think about upgrading to a newer TC or other high-quality router (people here like the Asus RT-AC68U, but I wouldn't try to steer an Apple fan away from Apple's routers...)

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: How to configure my new hitron 2 in 1 with my iMac and Time Capsule

@cluettwi wrote:

VivenM, what is the easiest way to put my Rogers modem in bridge mode?

There are instructions in the sticky posts at the top of this forum. Basically,

1) Call Rogers tech support, or

2) While plugged into the gateway, go to http://192.168.0.1 , login as cusadmin/password, then find the 'residential networking' or similar option, and set it to off.