How to cancel 4.3 upgrade for Samsung S4?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How to cancel 4.3 upgrade for Samsung S4?

Hi all,

A small phone icon popped up on the top left corner of the status bar the other day.  It is a software update, which I am assuming is the 4.3 version since I am currently operating with the 4.2.2 version.  Currently I have no issues with my phone and have heard the 4.3 upgrade has caused problems. So my question is: Can I delete this icon and the software update?  Will it just come back or is there a way to delete it permanently?

Thanks in advance to all you out there who have this new-aged technology figured out,

...Dave

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to cancel 4.3 upgrade for Samsung S4?

Hello dwharps2000

There is no way to delete it permanently. It will always show it unless u update your device. Sadly that feature has not and may not be released.
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the information.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dwharps2000

You are welcome!
I Plan to Stick Around

@dwharps2000

The only way to accomplish this is to Root your device.

Hello Tony_YYZ

Yes that is true but not many would want to root their devices. Sadly there is no other way to do it but rooting.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, I was able to get rid of the icon by bringing down the upper margin menu (single finger), pressing and holding on the icon, then App info popped up. I clicked on that and then at the next App screen I deleted the cache and data and force stopped it. No more icon.
I'd like to root my phone to get rid of all the apps I don't use/need and their related processes but I'm just not that technically savvy and don't want to run the risk of messing up.
Thanks again for the advice.
...Dave
I'm Here A Lot

It's been a few days now and the icon hasn't reappeared. If it does, I'll repost.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dwharps2000

That's only temporary. Its not a solution tho. If u reboot the device, it will bring it back. Its only good when the device never reboots or turns off.
I'm Here A Lot

I can't argue with you about the reboot because I simply do not know either way.  I can tell you that I have turned my phone off several times and the icon has not come back. I checked my phone info and I am still running 4.2.2 so I don't know why the icon isn't coming back.  I guess it is just a matter of time.  Until Samsung fixes the bad 4.3 update version, I will not update and will be forced to keep shutting the icon down.

...Dave