How to activate a new SIM card?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to activate a new SIM card?

Hello Rq

You can log into My Rogers - Product and Service - Change Sim Card. You need to input you old Sim Number and the new one sim card number.

You can contact Rogers via Phone and go to your local Rogers store and have them change the sim card and activate the new one for u!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This option doesn't seem available in the updated website version.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Balinus

Welcome to the community!

I would be happy to help

Activate a SIM Card on Rogers.com

The following steps explain how to activate a SIM Card through MyRogers account on Rogers.com.

1. Login to your MyRogers accounts at Rogers.com.
  2. Under the Servicestab, select Wireless
  • If you have multiple Wireless numbers, select the number you want to change the SIM card for.
  1. in the  My Wireless Package section, select Change My SIM.
  2. Enter the Old SIM Numberand New SIM Number in the fields provided.
  3. Click Change.simcardchange.png
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the answer. However, I don't see this option. i think it might be because I am on a "Pay as you go" prepaid service. i did the change over the phone!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Balinus

You would need to go into a Rogers store and have to change your Sim card for PayGo or contact the PayGo number :).
I've Been Around

How do i activate a sim card and keep my old one on
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @classiccorna

Unfortunately you can only have 1 sim card active in each phone number. The old one will be deactivated and not be able to be used within another phone number and it might work later on if reactivated on the same number it was before with.

So all in all u can't have both running at once. Only one sim card with each number
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

not true, i just bought a sim card on one store and they told me i have to activate it online. I came home, tried to activate it and thells me that my billing info is not the same as the credict card billing info. and it is. And of course i cant call roger because HELLO i sont have a phone, that was the whole point of buying this sim card.. so, any solution??
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cecy_dip

Please read the posts above. They are meant for post paid customers which are under contract.

Also that is the method to do the sim card change but since your information is not accurate, the system way not allow it. Have you contacted Rogers by another cellphone like a family members phone to have them do it? Is your account a post paid or pre paid. We need more information in order to try and help you.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Its prepaid. the information i am puttin IS accurate, so ..

And no, i cant contact Roger by phone as i just moved in to Canada and i have no close people to borrow their phones.

There is an error in the system which is telling me my billing adress is not correct, i checked in my bank account, for little adress details, and what i am completing is completely correct..