How to Transfer a number from my existing phone to another person on Bell

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How to Transfer a number from my existing phone to another person on Bell

Hope there are some experts out there who can give me this answer.

I have a phone number (in my name personally) assoicated with a business I own which is connected to my Samsung S5, but I'm selling the business.  My account has the business phone, my wife's phone and my tablet data on it as well as Cable and Internet.

I want to be able to transfer the phone number to another person who bought the business.  She would be responsible for the number.  She is on bell, and she will use that number on her Bell account.  I want to keep my phone and plan (but not number) and get a new phone number from Rogers to attach to my Samsung S5.

So I'm not sure where to start, which to do first or if it's something that's done at the same time.  Don't know if I need to go to a Rogers store for a SIM card change etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

***Edited Labels.***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How to Transfer a number from my existing phone to another person on Bell

Hmm... a tough one.  If you were transfering the ownership of the account as a whole (the number, etc) it would be a little easier.

That i can THINK OF..

The only way would be, for her to set up a rogers account/number. (dont actually buy a phone or anything, just set up the account).. may be a MINIMAL fee for it being active for a day or two.
Then with both of you on the call with rogers, you likely then could transfer the number to her rogers account.. and you get a new one.

From there, she could deal with getting the number from her rogers account to her bell one.

You can only transfer a number etc around, between companes, if you are the owner of it on both sides as far as i am aware.