How to Port Forward - DPC3825

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How to Port Forward - DPC3825

Hello,

I'm trying to port forward a list of ports but this requires me to put in an IP address.

What am I supposed to put there?

I'm trying to open them so I can access the internet easier on the PS3/Vita.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How to Port Forward - DPC3825

Hey Kdubovik,

If you go to www.portforward.com on the left hand side you put in your modem/router make then model it will then tell you step by step how to port forward and where to get the values you need to enter to open the ports correctly.

I Plan to Stick Around

I did the search for you, and if i correctly picked the product you wanted to portfward for (PSVita) heres the instructions:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/DPC3825/PlayStation_Network_PSVita.htm

Seems you require a static IP to port forward on the Cisco DPC3825, according to the instructions.

I Plan to Stick Around

Great, then how do I static IP

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would have to look into the setting son the PS3 and Vita.. in the network connection settings section, there should be a way to MANUALY enter  your IP information.

Easiest way to get some of it, is to go to a PC, go to the run window, and type in CMD and then run it.

It will bring up a dos box.

Then here, type ipconfig /all

THe things you want to write down are, the subnet (likely 255.255.255.0)

The gateway (likely 192.168.0.1)

and the DNS servers.

Then on your device, you want to enter that information there... as well as then picking an IP address, similar to what was listed in the IP config.
Something like 192.168.0.200

I'm Here A Lot

I am trying to port forward (RealVNC), went through the portforwarding site, followed all the instructions, but nothing.

I tried turning off my firewall and AVG, but still nothing. Canyouseeme shows all my ports are closed (connection timeout).

When I use another wireless internet, I can port just fine. So it must be my settings.

Any idea?!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its possible the port forwarding on the cisco isnt working now.. with some firmwarechange, etc.. 😞

Using realvnc.. your just trying to remote-connect to that PC when away?
There are a few other options.. that dont require any port forwarding options set up (teamviewer for example)

I'm Here A Lot

I am trying to remote connect to my work server. When I bring my laptop to work, I can ssh tunnel into the server and use RealVNC viewer to create a workspace. When I bring my laptop home, I can no longer connect to the server through RealVNC.

I can still connect to the server via command prompt. Just not through RealVNC.