cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Call Manager to take affect?

efxtech29
I Plan to Stick Around

Once you apply a rule, how long does it take for Call Manager to start blocking calls?

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Call Manager - problems accessing on a Mac computer

efxtech29
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually I got the problem resolved thanks to a friendly customer service rep.

To use the Call Manager in a browser, IE7 with Quirks mode enabled does work.   I was able to use IE9 in Windows (using VMWare Fusion on the Mac).  To set the mode for IE9, use press <F12> (Developer Tools) and select "IE7" and "Quirks mode".  The ability to edit the rules works perfectly.

If you do not have IE9, IE7 should work out of the box.  You will need Windows or the ability to run Windows (e.g. VMWare Fusion on the Mac).

You can free Virtual Machines from http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools

And the Call Manager feature does work.  I had "Rogers One Number" enabled on my cell which prevented the Call Manager from working.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How long does it take for Call Manager to take affect?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello efxtech29 It should take affect right once you set the rule. It COULD take a few minutes as well.

efxtech29
I Plan to Stick Around

Did not seem that way.  Do you know this for certain? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello efxtech29

Every time i do it, it would change within a few minutes or right away. Mind you i have not used it in a year. I doubt they would have changed it to take a few hours or so.

Leave it for a few hours. See if it will change. I heard the Call Manager feature is having issues where this happens & it does not work at all. Who knows. Rogers claims it works but many are having issues.

Call Manager - problems accessing on a Mac computer

efxtech29
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I am having problems accessing Call Manager on a Mac computer (macbook air OS X 10.8.2).  I could not edit phone numbers using FireFox, Chrome or Safari.  I finally found success using an older version of FireFox 3.6 but I still cannot create or edit a rule to restrict a phone number from calling any day.  If I try to create or edit a rule to restrict an incoming phone call, it will only save it as "Monday-Monday".  I called Rogers tech support but they did not have any ideas.

Can anyone suggest anything to help?

efxtech29
I Plan to Stick Around

What sort of issues/problems have you heard about?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello efxtech29

Please read the following links. You are not the only one. Like i said in the other thread. Everyone is having this issue. Rogers has stopped supporting Call Manager but they claim it works. It never does for anyone..

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Other_mobile_device/thread-id/33...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/441...

efxtech29
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually I got the problem resolved thanks to a friendly customer service rep.

To use the Call Manager in a browser, IE7 with Quirks mode enabled does work.   I was able to use IE9 in Windows (using VMWare Fusion on the Mac).  To set the mode for IE9, use press <F12> (Developer Tools) and select "IE7" and "Quirks mode".  The ability to edit the rules works perfectly.

If you do not have IE9, IE7 should work out of the box.  You will need Windows or the ability to run Windows (e.g. VMWare Fusion on the Mac).

You can free Virtual Machines from http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools

And the Call Manager feature does work.  I had "Rogers One Number" enabled on my cell which prevented the Call Manager from working.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation