cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before...

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Long story short:

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S II LTE from a Rogers authorized reseller at the mall. The incompetent and rude salesperson put an LTE SIM in my phone and signed me on a regular NON-LTE plan when I asked him specifically to make sure it's an LTE plan. The whole reason I got an LTE phone was to be able to use the LTE network. For over a month I was lead to believe I was on an LTE plan while Rogers CS today tells me otherwise. I just changed my plan online through MyRogers to an LTE plan and was wondering how long before I get access to the LTE network? 24hrs? 

Also, if there's a way to report these incompetents selling Rogers products please let me know. The guy also mispelled my last name with 3 pieces of ID in front of him on top of lying to me. Thanks.

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How long before...

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

SIM cards cannot be recycled. Once it has been activated on an account it is unable to be activated on a second account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Well first off, I'd call rogers and get them to change your plan to LTE.... while you're on the phone with them! It should be switched within minutes, NOT 24hrs!!
If you are really determined to "make this guy pay", it's up to you..... personally, I would talk to the guy... tell him how angry you are... let him know what you're thinking... see what he says? I'd be more likely to hold rogers responsible for lousy training, than to take it out on this schmo.

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just noticed my new LTE SIM card looks used...

Is it possible they recycle SIM cards now...?

Novanorm
I Plan to Stick Around

If you snapped it out of the credit card style holder then it could not be used. if it wasn't in one then it was used and you should be very suspicious.  Again, call Rogers with all your concerns.  Ask to speak with Customer Relations as they have more powers.  Never accept a no from someone not able to give a yes.

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

SIM cards cannot be recycled. Once it has been activated on an account it is unable to be activated on a second account.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation