How does Rogers on Demand Work?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sixeyes
I've Been Around

I am trying to help my elderly mother with her Rogers account and she is being charged $16.95 a month for The Movie Network, which I think is channel 100. Is that right?

Also, can she watch anything on channel 100 for free, or do you pay for any content you watch?

Is the fee of 16.95 for a group of channels which include TMN? I think that may be the case and she would have to pay for any, and all, on demand content.

Thanks for any help!

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How does Rogers on Demand Work?

Hello sixeyes

The Movie Network is Channel 301-311 at areas. This is NOT Rogers on Demand tho. Rogers on Demand is a channel 100 & channel 300.

Rogers On Demand comes with your Rogers cable package. You can watch SOME movies & TV shows for free. Most recent movies & older movies you will be charged $5.99 & $7.99 for HD.

Yes TMN has channels 301-311 that come with that package.Those channels are $16.99 as the package is. Also you get TMN On Demand incuded.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sixeyes

The Movie Network is Channel 301-311 at areas. This is NOT Rogers on Demand tho. Rogers on Demand is a channel 100 & channel 300.

Rogers On Demand comes with your Rogers cable package. You can watch SOME movies & TV shows for free. Most recent movies & older movies you will be charged $5.99 & $7.99 for HD.

Yes TMN has channels 301-311 that come with that package.Those channels are $16.99 as the package is. Also you get TMN On Demand incuded.

View solution in original post

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

sixeyes:

The TMN package also includes HBO Canada, which is available on RON. I find RON to be a great addition to the package. If your mother has high definition service, RON is available on different channels. For example, I watch it on 309, which has both standard definition and high definition versions of TMN and HBO programming.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

In my previous post, I should have said ROD, not RON. Just got finished posting something in the Rogers One Number forum.Smiley Embarassed

Rmatteli
I've Been Around

Rogers on demand: Clicking "watch" button does nothing

Using channel 300 Rogers on demand, after finding the show/movie I want to watch sometimes clicking the "watch" button does not launch the show. It does nothing.

I'm able to navigate away or search something else, so the rest of the buttons work.

RogersMoin

Hello, @Rmatteli

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. The issue you have described is definitely intriguing, is it happening on all of your boxes/TVs?

I'm unable to recall the "watch" button on the screen, do you mean "Play"? When you select a show/program then you should see the option to Play on the screen. On your remote when you press "OK/Select" it should play that program. 

Please provide us more details and if possible you can upload a screenshot so that we have a better understanding of the issue.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

zomby
I'm Here A Lot

Hello
My kids is browsing the channel on demand 100 but there is no play button only a subscribe button. Do they need to subscribe for every show they want to watch? Does Rogers warns for paid episodes. Don’t want the kids to click something and get charge for it. Is this user friendly for kids to watch anything from channel 100. Please explain. The subscribe button is not very clear in understanding it.
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

To purchase anything, your kids would need to enter a PIN before watching.

For free content, direct your children to Kids on Demand, channel 200.

It has OnDemand shows from all of the Rogers children's channels.
jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Which tv package do you subscribe to? I'm not sure that On Demand is available on the basic package. If thOn demand is part of your package, when you go to channel 100 you should be able to click on the network you want and select a program that you want. There should be no request to subscribe unless it is a channel that is not in your package.