How do you unmerge Rogers account from Yahoo email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yomamar6
I'm Here A Lot

How do you unmerge Rogers account from Yahoo email?

I merged my Rogers email with my Yahoo email.  When I cancelled my Rogers internet I lost access to my Yahoo account.  How do you unmerge it?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersAndrew
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: How do you unmerge Rogers account from Yahoo email?

Hi yomamar6,

Once your Rogers account is terminated, merged accounts are automatically unmerged. All you'll need to do is sign into your Yahoo account and it will notify you that the Rogers email address was terminated but you can continue to use your Yahoo ID as usual. All contents within the merged account will be available to you through your Yahoo ID.

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersAndrew
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi yomamar6,

Once your Rogers account is terminated, merged accounts are automatically unmerged. All you'll need to do is sign into your Yahoo account and it will notify you that the Rogers email address was terminated but you can continue to use your Yahoo ID as usual. All contents within the merged account will be available to you through your Yahoo ID.

View solution in original post

yomamar6
I'm Here A Lot

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Do you know if Rogers will have another option availabe to unmerge in the future?

RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi yomamar6,

We have not received any information regarding this. It is your best option to contact Rogers technical support to have the accounts unmerged. You can contact Rogers technical support at 1-888-764-3771 or via Live Chat at http://echat.rogers.com
Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I do believe I'm in a unique situation.  My Rogers email address was created under my father's Rogers account, and then merged into my Yahoo account.  

I'd like to separate my Rogers email account from my yahoo email account as I'm tired of the spam coming into my yahoo account from having the rogers account.  ALL incoming emails for my yahoo account, are addressed to my Rogers account which I've never given out to anyone.

Is the only way to get my Rogers email separated from my yahoo to get my father to cancel his Rogers Internet?  I can do that if need be.

RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Ressy,

If your @rogers.com e-mail address and @yahoo.com e-mail addresses are merged, you cannot separate them on your own, however, you can contact Rogers technical support via Live Chat or over the phone and have them terminate the @rogers.com e-mail address. This will automatically unmerge the 2 accounts. Then the next time you sign in with the Yahoo ID, it will alert you that the @rogers.com ID was cancelled. Keep in mind, doing so may cause you to lose the e-mails that were on your Rogers Yahoo account, so it is recommended that you first "POP" your e-mail to Outlook or Outlook Express so you have a copy of the e-mails currently in your Inbox.

Once the @rogers.com e-mail address is terminated, you can re-activate once you have unmerged the @yahoo.com address, if you wish to continue using it.

Hope that helps!

Lar123
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I believe you may have stated that backwards.

I have had several yahoo.com email accounts over the years and the spam from them is ridiculous.

I opened a new account with a completely different name and within a week got almost 100 spam emails per day and never used the account, at that point. Yahoo is selling your name to the spammers. Rogers was a fool to associate with this Internet company but in view of having very little, inhouse, technical expertise Rogers had to team up with somebody. Big mistake.

Yahoo was one of the biggest search engines created, years ago and now they are flailing like a fish out of water due to bad spamming they promoted.

Interesting that Yahoo and Google are both Canadian created companies

juliapet
I've Been Around

Hi, do you also know by chance if that is possible to merge my yahoo account with rogers-yahoo (in fact yahoo profile only) after I cancelled rogers? Even though Rogers services were cancelled,  when I sign in, |I still can see the emails and I see my yahoo profile, with that Rogers-Yahoo avatar (things not existing anymore to create a new one on yahoo account, but what I like), websites where I left my responses... There is no info available and when I try to add rogers account to yahoo, it tells that it is already added, even though I have deleted rogers as alternative contact in yahoo weeks ago.

Any solution here?

Neelie
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a related question.  When I signed up with Rogers many years ago, I set up an @rogers.com e-mail.  At some point, Rogers contracted with Yahoo to provide the e-mail service,  My e-mail address never changed but  since then I access all my-email on the web via Yahoo  (diposable addresses, contacts, folders, etc.)   You've mentioned unmerging the e-mails and referenced a yahoo id / account.  Where do I get  this yahoo id if all I have / know is the @rogers.com address?  Thank you.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

The OP had a yahoo account that they merged with a Rogers account. In your case, you didn't have a yahoo account to start with. Just a rogers account. To access Rogers email online, you have to use the Rogers Yahoo interface (unless you forward your email to another service like Outlook or GMail.