How do you plan to upgrade your windows phone device?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

How do you plan to upgrade your windows phone device?

Good Day

Curious how people are planning on upgrading their windows devices. I myself am using a Lumia 920 with the last year to go on my 3 year contract. Luckily my device is still running amazingly well. It seems from what I've been reading that there won't be a Microsoft Lumia phone until sometime in 2015 and I'm wondering if there are a lot of people waiting? Going to get a Lumia 830? Wait to see if the HTC ONE M8 for windows? Or going to buy something unlocked off the internet? I myself am choosing to wait as I'm not interested in a budget flagship, and I'm curious to see what kind of device Microsoft will release.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How do you plan to upgrade your windows phone device?

I just got the new Lumia 830 last weekend, as it got released last Friday, and I love it...I switched from an iphone 5 and its been a great device for me. I'd highly recommend it.
You'll find me when I'm not playing or ref'ing hockey or volleyball.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the 920 and it has not been great due to the persistent battery issues.  I've been hearing that a new top end model will be out soon, as in possibly before Christmas.   That would be nice.

Highlighted

When I got my 920 it seemed to have battery issues right out of the box, over time though it seemed to get better. I find it a lot better after the Cyan and Windows 8.1 update though. I really hope that Microsoft releases a new flagship model sooner rather than later. I'd rather get that than the Lumia 830 though I am glad that it is getting a wider carrier release. I thought about getting the HTC ONE M8 but who knows if it will even be released in Canada. I hope your 920 lasts until you can get a new device!

Highlighted

I'm glad you are enjoying your phone! I to switched from iPhone to Windows phone and haven't regretted a single day. How do you find the phone's battery life? and overall use after a couple weeks? Are there any apps that you are missing that aren't available on windows phone?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I was wondering about this myself - I always assumed I was going to move to the 1020 for the 41MP, but it doesn't seem to be widely available anymore (at least not from Rogers).

I will look further into the 830 as I enjoy the Windows Phone and want to stick with it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would be careful about the HTC ONE M8 as the reviews suggest the camera is among the worst out there.  If a camera doesn't matter to you it might still be a good alternative, but I high end device should have the worst of anything.   I think Microsoft will come out with a high end Lumia phone before Christmas although I only say that because it makes sense.  I haven't heard a thing about anything new except for the low end models.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Glen,,,Your deaming if you think M/S is going to release any high end mobile devices before Windows 10 which is due out latter part of 2015,,Would not make sence to introduce another high end device when the Nokia 1520 fits into that catagory and still is selling like crazy,,M/S needs numbers and by offering low to mid range devices runnning Windows 8.1 they can continue to gain market share,,A high end device will for sure be coming out with Windows 10 ,,Only my opinion

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You could be right, but who knows the mind of Microsoft, especially now that it's under new management.   I think that they would want to get some Microsoft branded Lumia's out in circulation and pick up some customers for the high end.   I know that they need numbers but they still need a flagship that is sold in Canada and they don't have one now.   Just like GM and the Corvette, or Ford and the decked out Mustang, a company needs to have a showcase model.   People are attracted by the abilities of the high end model and then they come in an buy low or mid range whichever they can afford.  

Regardless my Rogers contract doesn't expire until August 2015 so as long as they have a worthy replacement for my 920 by then, I'm good.