suzanhakwik
I've Been Here Awhile

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do i do the rebate coupon online

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello. Welcome to the Forums :). There are threads on here with the answers on how to get the rebate online. I will post the links & the info you need as well :).

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/3231/pag...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/4504/pag...

Here is the answer as well.

1. Log in and navigate to MyRogers.

2. In the secondary navigation (which contains overview, bills & payments, etc.) click the "Products & Services" tab

3. If you're not on it by default, choose "wireless"

4. If you have multiple phone numbers, select the rebait phone number from your list

5. Under the "My phone" section, you should have a rebait option.

View solution in original post

73 REPLIES 73

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello. Welcome to the Forums :). There are threads on here with the answers on how to get the rebate online. I will post the links & the info you need as well :).

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/3231/pag...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/4504/pag...

Here is the answer as well.

1. Log in and navigate to MyRogers.

2. In the secondary navigation (which contains overview, bills & payments, etc.) click the "Products & Services" tab

3. If you're not on it by default, choose "wireless"

4. If you have multiple phone numbers, select the rebait phone number from your list

5. Under the "My phone" section, you should have a rebait option.

View solution in original post

suzanhakwik
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks a lot  for your help..i really appreciate it..

android rebate

how long do i have to do my mail in rebate for upgrading my phone?

Same from me. I spent too much time trying to find this well hidden option that the Futureshop salesperson told me about, but I did finally find it after finding your directions. Thank you!

frustr8tedUser
I've Been Here Awhile

How long does it take before that handy little link appears??

I got a phone yesterday, July 1st, and that link isn't there, under either numbers on my account.

Someone really needs to fire the webdesigner and hire someone that can make things easier for their customers!!

wasabic
I've Been Around

Thanks a lot for the great info, I've been trying to figure out how to redeem the $50 rebate online for awhile, and after following your direction, I finally found it and redeem my rebate online. Thank you!

Cheers!  Swear they hide it like that so people give up.

paulinet
I've Been Around

Login on Rogers.com.  Select support/contact us/wireless/downloads.  From the drop down menu select “forms and coupons”, select “Hardware upgrade rebate”.

harrisjr
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm confused.

I was told by the Rogers rep at the store that I would recieve an automatic $50 rebate on my 1st bill and that I should also fill out a "mail-in" $50 hardware rebate form online. I have filled out the form as instructed but no rebate appeared.

I was charged $379 for the 64GB iPhone 5 on my bill. Should I be expecting another rebate? Based on what the store rep told me, I should.

Thanks for any help with this.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Harrisjr

The store rep is not correct. The charge for the phone is correct. You are supposed to pay $379 for the iPhone 5 64GB. When you first got the phone, it was charged as $429. Once you applied the $50 mail in rebate, they took the $50 off of the $429 which brings the price down to $379 

They will NOT take $50 out of the $379 price. Apple has told them to add another $50 ontop of the device price & THEN take it off. That is how it works. Do not blame Rogers, blame Apple which does not want to lose money.

In the end, new customers & customers which are doing a hardware upgrade, will be paying the same amount. No difference of anything.

I don't see how I can apply for Mail in rebate. I call rogers customer service and they told me it should appear on my online account.

REF1
I've Been Here Awhile

If the mail in rebate is an Apple requirement then why is Telus not required to follow the same procedure?

My wife who is with Telus, did not have to pay an extra $50.00 and has also received her phone 8 days ago.We ordered our phones at the same time.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello REF1

Roger is the carrier that gives out $50 mail in rebates when you upgrade your phone. That is WHY Telus does not do it.

Other carriers may not offer $50 mail in rebates to customers that upgrade their devices.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mbaratvand

Sign into My Rogers - Overview - Products And Services and it will be on the left hand side. If its NOT there, you can simply mail in the paper mail in rebate as well.

REF1
I've Been Here Awhile

We both ordered black 32GB iphone 5s. I payed $329.00 minus a $50.00 rebate. She payed $279.00 for the same phone. No need to mail in a rebate. This is not a "great customer experience" on Roger's part.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@REF1

Your wife is with Telus, not with Rogers. 2 different carriers.. She paid $279 because Telus is not offering that $50 mail in rebate. You will pay $279 in the end once you applied the $50 mail in rebate, if it was not taken off on the first invoice, it will be take off on the second invoice. It says that as well.

Rogers has done nothing wrong here. Apple told them to do this, not Rogers. Rogers usually takes $50 off of the current device price but because its a iPhone, Apple told them to add the $50 on top and then take it off. So i really don't see why you are blaming Rogers when its Apple.

harrisjr
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I think what's he's saying is that Telus is selling the phone at $279 no need to file a rebate, and Rogers $329 but you have the hassle of filling out a rebate. Seems odd. Just sell the phone for $279.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@harrisjr

I know what he is saying buy i am trying to explain it to him why its all happening. Believe me i wish they could just sell it for the price they show instead of making us do all this. I guess in the end they feel its necessary to do this:/ i do not know why.

harrisjr
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix

They do it because they know a good portion of the people will never fill out the rebate form. More money in Rogers' pockets.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Harrisjr

That is true. The mail in rebate button should be on the list on Overview instead of being hidden in the Product and Service area.