cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off music app and Google Play Music autoplay (both start) when plugging in headphones?

HarryDresden
I've Been Around

New  Galaxy S5.

I've been through the Settings/Application Manager trying to find where to turn this off, no luck. I don't ALWAYS want to listen to music when I plug in headphones...

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I turn off music app and Google Play Music autoplay (both start) when plugging in headpho

JayPoel
I Plan to Stick Around

Try looking here: Settings --> Notification Panel --> Recommended Apps and you can turn off the "Earphone" prompt from there.

If you've already set Google Play Music as the default player - go to Settings --> Application Manager --> All, click on Google Play Music and select Clear Defaults. You might have to do it with the Samsung Music Player too.

I've got an S4 so I really can't verify. I found the above by Googling it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I turn off music app and Google Play Music autoplay (both start) when plugging in headpho

JayPoel
I Plan to Stick Around

Try looking here: Settings --> Notification Panel --> Recommended Apps and you can turn off the "Earphone" prompt from there.

If you've already set Google Play Music as the default player - go to Settings --> Application Manager --> All, click on Google Play Music and select Clear Defaults. You might have to do it with the Samsung Music Player too.

I've got an S4 so I really can't verify. I found the above by Googling it.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation