How do I track my new phone ordered via rogers web page?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I track my new phone ordered via rogers web page?

I have ordered yesterday Nokia Lumia 520 Pay as you go phone using rogers.com web page ($150 sounded like a good deal for that phone) without logging in to myrogers account. Provided all fields (name, address, credit card) etc and upon check-out, got a confirmation #: 900XXXXXXXX. I am now curious how do I track order status for it.

The confirmation email I got from Rogers states to login to my account to check the status of my order, but what account I should login to to check? I was not logged in at that time, and my account page information doesn't have anything about any order anyway.

Second question: I currently have an old Pay-as-You-Go feature phone and SIM that I plan to use in this Nokia 520 (if it arrives). Can I just drop in the SIM card in and continue or is there anything else I need to do.

And the third and last question: are PAYG phones unlocked and can they be unlocked (since they are paid in full anyway)?

Dragan

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do I track my new phone ordered via rogers web page?

As for tracking.. you LIKELY would need to call in, to track it, since you were not logged in... the email sent out, is likely a more generic one.

As long as it uses the same SIM card, yes, you shoudl be able to just pop it in, and away you go.

As for unlocking,they are not unlocked, but since bought outright, SHOULD be able to get it unlocked.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I did call Rogers, talked to one of customer representatives and they pointed me to chat forums for help 🙂

Well, hopefully I'll get some more information soon.

Dragan

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did you call the regular rogers number?

I beleive, you need to call the pay as you go number.. the regular people, have no access to the pay as you go stuff.

I've Been Here Awhile

I called the number that was listed as the number to call to order the phone.

So, I did everything by the book. However, it seems that book is messed up and confusing (and confused itself) 🙂

Oh well. Good old Rogers, they never disappoint.

Dragan

I've Been Here Awhile

Had an interesting experience tonight: since someone told me that the online orders can only be supported via chat, I finally chatted with a person with initial C this evening and was told that my order is currently being processed (item was ordered on 17th during the day, so 4 business days have already passed), but doesn't know when it will be shipped nor can provide inventory check. No ways to expedite it or cancel. Suggestion was to wait till it gets delivered, then reject it and once it is shipped back to Rogers, they will eventually refund me the money. Yeah, sure.

So, next time I'll know better and won't use rogers.com. This is a real "Hotel California" ... 

Dragan