How do I reach a live person to speak to at Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How do I reach a live person to speak to at Rogers?

Many thanks for your response, Gdkitty!

JUDE1
I've Been Around

Current wait time for phone support is in excess of one hour.   Current wait time for Live Chat is more than one hour.  After an hour on the phone, I was told to reboot my PVR, which I had already done.  Looks like only way to get help is to unplug PVRs and take them to a store.

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

Waiting an hour to speak to someone is not acceptable.  What happened to Customer Service?

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Customer service is the reason it is one hour. There would have been one hour worth of customers to serve before we could take your call.

I would suggest calling in the evenings if you're looking to speak to Care. It has been relatively quiet in the evenings lately so I hear.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Happy01

This is normal. It happens with most companies if they are busy assisting other customers. They can't hang up to serve you if someone else on the line is in need of help. Also it could be that they are low on staff due to sickness, days off, vacations and such. Evenings and some times in the mornings are the best to call.
teragram
I Plan to Stick Around

@lockdown2341 wrote:

Customer service is the reason it is one hour. There would have been one hour worth of customers to serve before we could take your call.

Then perhaps Rogers needs to hire more help. I understood that a major priority of the new CEO was to improve customer service. What happened there?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @teragram

They are but you also need to understand that they can't over hire. Same with other companies. Let's take Best Buy for example where I work. We have scheduled people to come in. Some call in sick. We can't call others in due to the schedule or staff availability. Same goes with Rogers. I know some people which work at the call centers and they can't over hire or schedule to many people at a time due to pay and such. Remember they only have so many hours for each department and person to work with.
teragram
I Plan to Stick Around

I actually understand very well. Poor service is poor service no matter where you receive it from, be it Rogers or Best Buy!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @teragram

That is your opinion but i don't think you understand it very well though. If you did, you wouldn't be saying that... Anyways hope you go though and eveything worked out!
teragram
I Plan to Stick Around

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand the difference between good service and bad service. I tipped a waiter exceptionally well this evening because he provided superior service. Please do not tell me what I do not understand as I am capable of judging good vs. bad service based on my OWN experience. Also, the wait times when calling Rogers are major issues for a lot of customers. You read numerous complaints about this - here, on Facebook, on Twitter - so much so that all these people cannot be wrong.