cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reach a live person to speak to at Rogers?

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I reach a live person to speak to at Rogers?

***edited labels***

49 REPLIES 49

Re: How do I reach a live person to speak to at Rogers?

teragram
I Plan to Stick Around
Thank you! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @teragram

You are welcome!:)

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You are welcome!:)

kco
I Plan to Stick Around
My previous internet supplier has a decent workaround to somewhat ease long wait times. They give an estimate of the wait time and the choice to have them call back. If you choose to have them call back you key in the phone number they are to call. Your priority in the help queue does not change. Of course you need to be by your phone when they call.

My usual workaround for waiting is to switch to speaker phone and do something else until they answer.

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info, KCO - I have, at times, put it on speaker phone too but like you say, you have to remain close to the phone.

@kco wrote:
My previous internet supplier has a decent workaround to somewhat ease long wait times. They give an estimate of the wait time and the choice to have them call back. If you choose to have them call back you key in the phone number they are to call. Your priority in the help queue does not change. Of course you need to be by your phone when they call.

My usual workaround for waiting is to switch to speaker phone and do something else until they answer.

And Rogers offers this exact same feature if it is extremely busy.

It's a fact of life that you're going to have to wait when calling into any customer service line. We could have a full staff of people available and still you would have to wait if a huge number of people call in around the same time. You can call it poor service if you want; fact is the customer service line is first come, first serve, and if you're waiting on hold that is because we are providing customer service to those who called before you did and resolving those issues to the best of our ability.

dng1
I've Been Here Awhile

I just had a favourable experience talking to a live agent.  No wait time.  Thanks Rogers

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

That telephone number of 1-888-764-3771 I was given last month, does not seem to be working for me today.  Been pushing a lot of buttons but still haven't managed to speak with anyone....any other numbers available?  Thanks.

Hi @Happy01,

Thank you for your patience, your earlier post mentioned you were looking for Pay As You Go, here's a few direct contacts:

Pay As You Go

1 800 575-9090

Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST

Billing & Payments:

1 877 559-5202

Mon-Sun: 7 am to Midnight EST

Add to Existing Services:

1 855 381-7834

Mon-Fri: 8 am to Midnight EST

Sat-Sun: 8 am to 11 pm EST

For our contact page please click here.

Hope it helps,

RogersArthur

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

Many thanks for this telephone number, Arthur - really appreciate it - will give it a try tomorrow.

You're welcome @Happy01 anytime. Smiley Happy

RogersArthur

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

Good morning, Arthur:  Just tried that number you gave me & I was still unable to reach a live person.  Is there a particular single-digit number to press to receive a live person - I tried several different ones to no avail.  Thanks.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Repeatedly pressing "0" has worked for me.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately that didn't work for me - tried that a couple of times...thanks anyways, OLDYELLR...

Hi @Happy01,

Is it possible you can let us know the exact process you're experiencing, for example when I dialed the Pay As You Go at 1 800 575-9090 I receive the following automated recording:

"Welcome to Rogers pay as you go self care customer line"

It repeats the same thing in french followed by a 3 second pause before going to the following options:

"To add money press 1"

"For your account information press 2"

"For account changes press 3"

"For general information press 4"

Choosing any of the choices will prompt the following option:

"Please enter your pay as you go 10 digit phone number starting with the area code"

Please let us know what happens in your case.

RogersArthur

Happy01
I Plan to Stick Around

I 'press 4' and do not get connected to a live person - even if I type '0" ten times....

Hi @Happy01  

Thank you for your patience.

Pressing 4 from the automated choices should prompt you to enter your pay as you go 10 digit phone number starting with the area code.

• What happens right after you enter your 10 digit phone number?

• Do you receive another automated message to hold or re-enter your number?

• Has it worked for you in the past? If so when and what has changed since the last time it worked?

• Are you placed into a Que that tells you all the agents are busy the next representative will be with you shortly?

• Or are you given more choices after you enter your phone number, suggesting you press 0 to speak to a live person?

I've sent you a private message from our @CommunityHelps, the next time you're online if you'd like us to look further into your issue please reply to the private message via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen.

Let us know,

RogersArthur

Shagedorn
I Plan to Stick Around

WRONG.  You do not get a live person to talk to at Rogers payasyougo line.

I went into the store yesterday to purchase my $100 voucher for the next year on pay-as-you-go.  I was told by the store personnel that that service is being discontinued.  However, you could buy a voucher for $180 that would do the same thing.   Excuse me...an 80% increase???????

So I went home and got on the website to see if this was true.  I was directed from the chat to the pay-as-you-go phone number yesterday.Calling the Pay as you go phone number DOES NOT give you a real person to talk to.  All you get is automated information at all FOUR options.  Pressing ZERO doesn't work either.  You hear "Sorry.  I did not receive a VALID response!"

My sons say there are other better and less expensive options out there for the little use we make of our cell phone.

Goodbye, Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shagedorn :  You can talk to a person with PAYGo.  You dial 1-800-575-9090, option 4, option 4, option 1.  Zero doesn't work.  Since today is Christmas, there may not be an answer, but there is most days.

Unfortunately, many people are not patient enough to listen to the end of all the options, but a person is (usually) there.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have not tried it recently, but when I could not find the choice I wanted through the menu, pressing zero repeatedly eventually got me through to a live person.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario