cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if I have unlimited internet?

m4te
I Plan to Stick Around

I payed for unlimited for 10$ more a month because of the 3x service deal, and it's suppose to start today as of June 1st. When I check the rogers site under overview under internet, I get the message

"Monthly Usage
Usage Not Available"

Does this mean it's in effect? Or does this just happen on the first day of the new month and that it may not be in effect yet?

***edited labels***
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I know if I have unlimited internet?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Usualy on the day of your billing cycle, the usage wont show.. so its quite possible that that is the reason you are seeing that message.

Give it a day or so.. and check that spot.  It should say X amount used of unlimited. (thats what mine shows with unlimited)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Usualy on the day of your billing cycle, the usage wont show.. so its quite possible that that is the reason you are seeing that message.

Give it a day or so.. and check that spot.  It should say X amount used of unlimited. (thats what mine shows with unlimited)

Headfake
I Plan to Stick Around

Do I understand correctly that I would have to have home phone along with 2 other services? Would having Internet, Cable and a Wireless account be good enough? Or would they try and force Home Phone to get the $10 deal?

Thanks

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Headfake wrote:

Do I understand correctly that I would have to have home phone along with 2 other services? Would having Internet, Cable and a Wireless account be good enough? Or would they try and force Home Phone to get the $10 deal?

Thanks

The only 3 services that will qualify you for the unlimited Internet plan are Home Phone, Cable TV, and Internet. For some reason, in their infinite stupidity, Rogers has decided that Wireless does not count. It really is mind boggling!

I am not a Rogers employee, nor will I beg you to like my posts! 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Likely they are giving it based on you having 3 wired services. All of them come in on the same connection.

Though I do agree, any combo of 3 of their services should count towards it in my opinion.

This is still a limited time sign up period (though they keep extending it), and are likely trying to draw alot in with new bundles for new customers, but it doesnt help existing ones specialy without home phone.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Other than as a marketing ploy, I fail to see why you should have to had any "bundle". Either it is cost effective to charge an extra $10.00 for unlimited or it is not. I think it would be reasonable to offer it to all Rogers internet customers. To me the $30,00 fee is unreasonable when really offering extra bandwidth cost Roger next to nothing.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They label it more as a 'perk' to you, because you are buying the other 3 things from them, they are giving you a 'deal' on it.

But i agree.. it should be a set price, period.. sadly bells unlimited addon works the same way too.. its all a ploy to get to you to have more services. (assuming you dont have them already).

That there has been the east coast higher bandwidth packages going on for a while now.. and that this 'promo' keeps getting extended.. still makes me think there may be some bandwidth changes overall at some point... but that is probably getting my hopes up 😛

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation