How do I get rid of Rogers Yahoo SPAM!!??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I get rid of Rogers Yahoo SPAM!!??

How do I get rid of the new Rogers Yahoo in-your-face paid spam agenda??

I've gone throught the "Opt-out" routine, buy doesn't work! This stuff still keeps coming!!,

If I have to endure this kind of spam abuse by Rogers, which by the way is now illegal in Canada, I intend to severe my relationship with Rogers once and for ALL!!!!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I get rid of Rogers Yahoo SPAM!!??

@StanNewmarket 

Edit/Update: How to disable Advertising on Yahoo Mail

How do I opt-out of interest based advertising?

Yahoo allows users to opt-out of interest based advertising. To do so, signed-in users can go to the Yahoo Canada Privacy Policy located at http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/ and click on the “Manage settings here” link located in the right hand “Highlights” column. This option can also be accessed directly from https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html

When customers are at the page, they can select the categories they are interested in seeing. They can also click on the “Opt Out” button to opt out interest-based Ads.

Please keep in mind that by clicking “Opt Out” button will not opt out ads entirely.
Yahoo! Ad Interest Manager FAQ is located at:

https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/yahoo/opt-outfaq/

As @JohhnyRockets said in posts below take advantage of Ad-Blocker extensions if you dont want to see the other ads.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@StanNewmarket 

Edit/Update: How to disable Advertising on Yahoo Mail

How do I opt-out of interest based advertising?

Yahoo allows users to opt-out of interest based advertising. To do so, signed-in users can go to the Yahoo Canada Privacy Policy located at http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/ and click on the “Manage settings here” link located in the right hand “Highlights” column. This option can also be accessed directly from https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html

When customers are at the page, they can select the categories they are interested in seeing. They can also click on the “Opt Out” button to opt out interest-based Ads.

Please keep in mind that by clicking “Opt Out” button will not opt out ads entirely.
Yahoo! Ad Interest Manager FAQ is located at:

https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/yahoo/opt-outfaq/

As @JohhnyRockets said in posts below take advantage of Ad-Blocker extensions if you dont want to see the other ads.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think what the StanNewmarket is referring to is the same stuff I received

It is from "Zoosk Sponsored" entitled "Canadian Singles Find New Ways To Meet" and under the date column is "$"

This email only shows up in the web mail format and CANNOT be marked as SPAM and cannot be deleted.

It does not show up when using Outlook or another mail client.

Clearly this is a violation of Canadian anti-spam violations.

I had opted out of Rogers SPAM. Definitely never asked Rogers to post "Sponsored" mail from "Zoosk"

I'll be reporting to CRTC and encourage all Rogers custumers to do so.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looking into this further. Really isn't SPAM it is banner advertising from Yahoo that looks like email.

see http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/relevantads.html.

Easiest solution is to quit using Rogers Yahoo web mail.

Rogers the company we all love to hate.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I know exactly what you mean. It is a banner ad that appears at the top of your inbox. The simplest solution is to use an ad blocker such as Adblock or Adblock Plus which can be added as extensions in browsers like Chrome or Firefox. Another good one is Webmail Ad Blocker. These extensions not only block the banner ad referred to above but all other Webmail ads as well. Adblock and Adblock Plus will also block most other ads on all other Websites as well! If you use Internet Explorer ad blocking is much more difficult so you might want to try another browser!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersAsif wrote:

@StanNewmarket 

On Rogers.com when you sign into MyRogers and choose update my profile, there is a section "update my marketing permissions" where you can opt out of our communications(image attached below). So you followed this process and are still getting the emails?

Or are you referring to something else?

Edit: How to disable Advertising on Yahoo Mail

• Sign into your Rogers webmail and go to the Yahoo privacy policy.
  • Click Manage Settings Here in the Highlights column.
  • You can also opt out directly at info.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html.

Already done that, i.e.:

Interest Categories: This browser currently does not qualify for interest based ads. Ensure you are opted in to see categories that this browser may qualify for.

Interest-based Ads:
Are currently off.
Opt In

The only remaining option is to opt back in, but the ads keep coming unabated. 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@StanNewmarket wrote:

@RogersAsif wrote:

Edit: How to disable Advertising on Yahoo Mail

• Sign into your Rogers webmail and go to the Yahoo privacy policy.
  • Click Manage Settings Here in the Highlights column.
  • You can also opt out directly at info.yahoo.com/privacy/ca/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html.

Already done that, i.e.:

Interest Categories: This browser currently does not qualify for interest based ads. Ensure you are opted in to see categories that this browser may qualify for.

Interest-based Ads:
Are currently off.
Opt In

The only remaining option is to opt back in, but the ads keep coming unabated. 😞

You are correct. The link above only allows you to opt out of Interest-based ads. If you are opted in, Yahoo selects ads you "might" want to see based on your Internet activity on Yahoo sites and services. Opting out does not eliminate the ads; only makes what ads you see more random.

As I posted above, the only effective way to eliminate those new banner ads is to use an Ad Blocker extension. It works like a charm! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is total BS!! I called Rogers and they have no answers. I have been unable to locate a number for Yahoo to talk to a real person. If anyone has that let me know, please!! I went to the opt out page, selected everything but upon return to the page, everything is turned on again. Rogers tech had no answers as to how to fix it other than that, which isn't working. It such an invasion of privacy. They are garbage ads to boot. It feels like the U2 fiasco all over again. They better figure this out quick or I'm done with Rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is advertising right in the subject field of your emails!! I have been unable to shut it off and Rogers Tech has been no help. I haven't been able to locate a Yahoo number to talk to a real person. This is such an invasion of privacy. 90% of the ads are for singles site or how to find a 'rich' woman. Total B.S., and carried out with no prior warning.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @rharvey 

I can definitely understand your frustration to the ads, when you have opted out.

I’d like to help. We have sent you a PM, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana