How do I export Yahoo emails, Calendars to another Gmail account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I export Yahoo emails, Calendars to another Gmail account

I have exported my contacts succesfully but I am having trouble finding out how to transfer my calendar and emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bella61

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How do I export Yahoo emails, Calendars to another Gmail account

if the google calendar supports imorting apointments from file, you MIGHT Be able to export from the yahoo, then import there.

As for the emails.. there really ISNT a way 😞  Pretty much PERIOD, weither hotmail to gmail, gmail to yahoo, etc.. there really is no way to 'transfer' emails.

Its very easy to download them.. but to get them 'uploaded' to the other server, there really isnt a way 😞

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

What are the steps to download the emails ?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would need to use a program on a PC (or mac) like Outlook express, windows mail, thunderbird, etc.

You would need to set up the account setting, as per the ROGERS EMAIL SETTINGS in this link
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?Ntt=Email+Settings&N&_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results
Using those server addresses, as well as your email for the login name and your password.

Doing this, it should DOWNLOAD all your emails into that program.

Now.. once there.. you can at least read them, etc... but IF You are removing that rogers email address, you wont be able to directly reply to them, etc anymore.

If you then say, connected your NEW email address with whatever, on that program, you would likely be able to reply to them, etc.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

to export yahoo/rogers email to Gmail you need to login to gmail. Go into settings and select the settings. You should be under Settings General. Click on Accounts. Under account there is an option to "Check email from other accounts". Click on the add a POP3 mail account. enter your yahoo/rogers email address; click Next Step. The Username is your email address you entered in the previlous windows and the password is what it is; password for your yahoo/rogers email. You can click Next Step again. You can also have then sent to a label of your choice and also mark if you want to leave a copy on the yahoo/rogers server.

There you are you can have all your inbox emails sent to your gmail.

One more before I go; If you have subfolders in yahoo/rogers; you can change the current account (you just created to transfer your yahoo/rogers) setting to transfer your inbox to change it to transfer your subfolders. When your done with the subfolders change the account settings to default to your yahoo/rogers inbox. You never have to login to yahoo/rogers to get your emails.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thank you for your thorough reply? Is there a simple way of transfering ...@rogers.com to ...@yahoo.com? OR from ...@gmail.com to ...@yahoo.com?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Others TO yahoo.com? nope.. 😞 as they dont support puling in via another POP, etc..

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Email content transfer from one account to another (@rogers.com to @gmail.com for example)

1. The way I did this was I setup Outlook for both email accounts in one profile.

2. Right click on the olders in your inbox that you want to transfer and I then select copy (later I will delete them from the old account).

It takes some time if you have a lot of folders and content but it works.