How do I block SMS messages?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I block SMS messages?

I have a Rogers Pay-As-You-Go account.  I had called Rogers a long time ago ( 2 years +) to block SMS calls and block the internet (there's a button on the phone that easily gets hit by accident and tries to access the internet).  Among other things, it states the following on my account: "Block SMS MT function".  However, I just checked my account and have noticed several incoming SMS charges at $0.20 each.  And no, I did not subscribe to anything.  In fact, I never text, email or use the internet on my phone.

So how do I block these messages and avoid the charges?  I was under the impression that Rogers had already blocked these messages due to my earlier request.

Thanks. 

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How do I block SMS messages?

Have you tried calling a rep from Rogers to confirm that this is on the phone?

You may need to speak with them to have the block removed and then re added.. also, if you don't open the text messages, you should not incur any charges for them!

Hope this helps!

I've Been Around

Re: How do I block SMS messages?

I have the same issue.  I called Rogers and was told that I had received the messages on my phone - I did not - thus the charge.

I think this is another money grab by Rogers.