How can i block a number ? Samsung galaxy s 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How can i block a number ? Samsung galaxy s 2

I am trying to block a number ( texts and calls) i have tried apps and settings didnt work, i wonder can rogers block the number for me like if there is any add ons?

thank you.

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: How can i block a number ? Samsung galaxy s 2

Hi!

You might take a look at this function:

1) Go to Phone;

2) Press the menu key to open the contextual menu, and select Call settings;

3) In the Call settings, choose Call rejection;

4) Activate Auto reject mode, then click on Auto reject list;

5) In the Auto reject list, create a new rejection entry for the phone number you would like to be automatically rejected.

This way, when you receive a phone call from a rejected phone number, the caller gets automatically redirected to your voicemail box.

Please note, though, that I have a Galaxy SIII with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean; I don't know if this function is available in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich or 2.3.5 Gingerbread.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Trend micro antivirus has call blocking features, plus its a very simple anti-virus

Highlighted
I've Been Around

When I go to call settings, there is NOT a choice to reject a certain number.  I have reject messages for when you are driving or something like that.  There is no place to add numbers to a blocked list.  What do I do.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello trudietrey

You can always download a Block Call app from the Play store if you like. Here is the list of them.

Call Blocker:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netqin.mm&hl=en

Mr. Number-block calls,text

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrnumber.blocker&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGws...
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How can I block unwanted calls on my Samsung Galaxy phone. I used their option but does not work. i kee getting calls from the same number