How can I alert Rogers that their roadside cable box is about to be vandalized?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

How can I alert Rogers that their roadside cable box is about to be vandalized?

So, a cable coming out of a Rogers roadside cable box is about to be vandalized  I called Rogers and eventually I was able to speak with someone who didn't care.  I tried the online chat and zero luck there.  I even posted on Rogers Facebook page.  The website gives a finite number of mostly useless options.  Calling Rogers can eventually put you in contact with someone who can offer the same finite, mostly useless options.

Rogers is so screwed.  I sincerely hope Verizon comes to town.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How can I alert Rogers that their roadside cable box is about to be vandalized?

Hello jerrysweet

When calling Rogers, ask to speak to tech support. From there let the tech support agent know what u found. If the tech support won't listen, ask to speak to a manager. Sadly Rogers does not have a page to report stuff like this.

As for the Verizon comment. I really doubt they will come to Canada anyways. The CRTC most likely will block it. If they do let them come, they will come to share towers and such from either Rogers or Bell..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: How can I alert Rogers that their roadside cable box is about to be vandalized?

What is being done in the form of the vandalisim? them playing around with one of the boxes?

If it is the one that is the feed for your house, call in as meowmix said, and talk to tech, say that you are having issues that you beleive someone was playing with the box that your feed is from, and ask them to send someone out have a look.

While Rogers, et all will have some more compitition if verison arives... like meowmix said, it will only be so much.
For verison to run.. they either have to rent usage of lines and/or towers from one of the major providers (so bell, rogers, telus, etc).  The only other option they would have, to be TRUE competition, is to put up their OWN towers. (this is a major $$ investment.. so would take a LONG time to get the coverage)