How To Grant Permission For a Person To Change Things?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

How To Grant Permission For a Person To Change Things?

Hello,

The owner of our Rogers account is my uncle. We wanted to cancel our internet service, but we won't be able to since he owns the account. He isn't currently in Canada and won't be any time soon. He tried to change the account from where he is at but couldn't call them. So is it possible for him to grant me or my mother to be able to cancel our internet service? Is there any way for us to cancel our internet service other than him calling Rogers himself? 

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How To Grant Permission For a Person To Change Things?

The ONLY person that is able to cancel the account is the account holder. Even if your uncle makes you a level 1 support account person, it will not work. Have your uncle contact Rogers via the online chat support team & have them transfer the name to you. That is the ONLY way he can do it. He can ask them to cancel it threw them as well & see if they can.

Go on the Rogers site - Support - Contact Us - Live chat - General Support.

http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare.php?s=17

They may be able to let him give you guys access to the account & cancel it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The ONLY person that is able to cancel the account is the account holder. Even if your uncle makes you a level 1 support account person, it will not work. Have your uncle contact Rogers via the online chat support team & have them transfer the name to you. That is the ONLY way he can do it. He can ask them to cancel it threw them as well & see if they can.

Go on the Rogers site - Support - Contact Us - Live chat - General Support.

http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare.php?s=17

They may be able to let him give you guys access to the account & cancel it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is there a way to grant permission through e-mail?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tagunadi

No there is not a way to do that threw email. You need to either call Rogers or do it the way i showed it on the above post.