How The Heck Do You Contact Rogers Tech Supprt?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How The Heck Do You Contact Rogers Tech Supprt?

Where is the contact info to e-mail Tech Support?

The only option seems to be the Live Chat which wants to install software on my laptop so I can chat with someone?  No thank you.  My initial issue is the fact I can't install other software from Rogers in the first place!

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How The Heck Do You Contact Rogers Tech Supprt?

Hello DaddyGeek

Rogers has taken down all the emailing contacts. They have done this for some time now. The only way to contact a tech support agent, is online via Live Chat OR call Rogers and speak to a tech support agent.
The software you download for the live chat, you can in unistall it after you are down.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Many companies seem to be removing their email based support.
From MY knoledge of hearing why, etc (not necessarily in rogers case, but would still likely apply), is often the turn around time for resolution.

You email in the issue.. it sits in queue, then gets to a tech, they answer, need more info, reply back, you reply with info, they then need you do something and reply back, etc.   Based on email server times (boged down server not sending out right away, etc), connection to be able to send/receive, etc.. there are many factors, it can spread out the support time to get all the info and try things, over a LONG period of time.

Comparatively.. via phone, or live chat, they can answer and get reponses, pretty much in real time.
Q "Have you tried doing X?"
A "Yes"

- in a chat, takes 5 seconds
- via email, assuming everyones RIGHT on it, no delays, etc.. your talking usualy 3-5 mins

---

What was the issue you were having? Some of us here MAY have some insight 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have 2 issues (now):

1:  Why would I want to install software on my laptop that can allow someone access to my PC just to ask a question about my cell phone?  I unerstand the software that allows them to check your PC if you are having internet issues, but they also (supposedly) supprt cell phones, TV and home phone.  Maybe an option to just chat without installing anything would be a better first step.

2:  What is the proper way to uninstall RogersOneNumber software from a Mac running OSX?  (I'm a SysAdmin so I finally went in and did it by hand but that seems far from the proper way to do it.)  Normally you just drag the application to the trash but that does nothing in this case.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Where/when is it promting to install the software?  it MIGHT need some plugin installed, to be able to run the chat (just like a java plugin, etc, those sorts of things, just as a general app)

Mind you this was a while ago.. but they shouldnt have to install anything else, unless they do need to do a remote session, which should be done at that time, not to start.
Though, they could have changed the chat... i havent used it in a while, i have always just called in lately.

The ONLY way i have seen for the Onenumber for mac so far, is likey via the way you did.  I am not a mac expert.. but there is some mac stuff that just seems.. odd to me.  I do support one here at my work.. and we had to un-install one of the full adobe packages.. and even adobe says to do it by hand..