cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

murtz316
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I turn off those LOUD emergency alerts on Navigatr?  

***Edited Labels*** 

164 REPLIES 164

Re: How Do I Turn Off Emergency Alerts On Navigatr?

dagney
I've Been Here Awhile

With no way to shut off the audible portion my pvr has been shut off also. A simple "press exit to acknowledge alert" button would have kept me happy AND informed. Instead I'm frustrated with Rogers and enjoying a movie on a competing service. 

LorneGilbert
I've Been Here Awhile

It did on mine.

Amber alert just got cancelled. Boy found safe and sound!

And no more infernal beeping!

headhoncho
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a NB 3 and the alerts were recorded.  I was intially watching a show live while it was also being recorded.  I got so fed up with the alerts that I decided to watch the recording instead, and lucky me, there were the alerts.  At least I could ff through them, resulting in missing parts of the show.  The robotic voice was totally unnecessary.  The banner alone was sufficient IMO, and the loud beeping was ridiculous. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp wrote:

No, the messages are not recorded or played back when watching recorded content. 

FYI - for those interested, here is a link about recent amendments made by the CRTC with respect to Emergency Alerts: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-444.htm

I was watching a show I was still recording and at first thought it was on the recording, but it was live, coming through the cable network, so I could pause and skip back to catch the dialogue the siren blocked out. I guess the only way to avoid it is to record everything and not watch until the alert is over.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario