Horrible Service from Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Horrible Service from Rogers

I have been with Rogers for over 14 years.  I renewed my current contract in 2012 February and another contract earlier time in 2010 September.  When I renewed the contract in 2012 February, the rep said the contract and discount will carry over and expire in 2015 February.

A few months ago, Rogers started charging me $2 for detail paper invoice which included in my contract renewal.  That wasn't a big problem because I rarely look at the invoice detail so I called Rogers and they took the paper invoice charge out.  Some time later, I see another invoice in mail.  It says this will be the final mail invoice and one thing catches my attention is my discount will expire 2013 September.  I called Rogers and explained the situation.  Somebody named Cary/Carrie said she will look into the problem and will call me back on the next day.  I called back a week later because that lady never call back.  Some other rep was able to find her and Cary told me on phone that she has a lot of work load and my file will be review soon.  One and a half month later, no call from Rogers so I called back.  Talked to them and explained the situation again but no help.  The male rep I talked to is not helpful at all.  He even try to sell me a more expensive plan with less feature.  I demend to have the discount to be expire on the same day as my contract which the rep and I agreed back in 2012 February.  The male rep declined and say he can't do anything about it.  No discount can be added to my account.  I explained that's not my mistake as the rep who renewed the contract screwed something up but he just couldn't do anything.  His only suggestion is tell me to continue paying without discount after September.

I am totally not impressed with this type of service because Rogers rep made a mistake earlier and I have to pay for the cost!  The staff is not helpful at all and now I have no choice as nobody from Rogers is able to help.  I just can't believe how Rogers trest its long term customer with something like this.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Horrible Service from Rogers

The regular reps, and even sometimes the manager.. have really next to no power in cases like these.. they can not adjust plans next to at all etc.

Best bet, would be to call in and talk to retentions.. they are able to offer stuff that the other reps can not.

I Plan to Stick Around

I would go to a store and plead your case to an actual set of eyes and ears. I can't imagine any company not recognizing this type of mistake and not correcting it somehow.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Problem with that is pconeill... is NO one in the stores, can do anything about it Smiley Sad

I understand, what you mean, by a real person infront of you.. but the reps at the stores, have even LESS power than a regular customer service rep.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pconeill

Like Gdkitty said, the store reps are limited in what they can do. You could show them you have proff BUT they will just either help you & contact Rogers while you are there & give you the phone to explain OR they will tell you to go home & contact Rogers.

The store reps are limited in what power they have. Giving discounts & fixing accounts are not one of them. If store reps have access to this, it can be easily abused.