Horrible DL speeds (Express)--St. Clair & Bathurst in Toronto

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Horrible DL speeds (Express)--St. Clair & Bathurst in Toronto

For almost a week, I have been getting terrible DL speeds from about 5 pm to about 7 am. Averaging 2.5 down; upload speed isn't affected. I've checked a couple of times during non-peak hours (5 am and 3 pm and my speeds were fine then). I've called tech support every day. They opened a ticket. After 3 days, they finally admitted it was a widespread occurrence and that they were trying to fix it. I know of at least 10 other people affected (something to do with a new Dupont headend that's been overloaded?).

Today, they say the ticket has been closed because it has been fixed. It hasn't. My internet connection is basically unusable. Now they want to send a tech to my place; I won't have time for that for at least a week. I finally got fed up and had to hang up. I spoke to 6 different techs, none seemed to know what's going on. I know a lot of people have been calling in, so I find that hard to believe. My next call will be to a CSM. This is beyond unacceptable.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any Rogers people here who can shed some light?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Horrible DL speeds (Express)--St. Clair & Bathurst in Toronto

I am having the same problems! I'm in guelph and last few days its been getting worse and worse. I had to shut off wifi on my iphone cuz 3g was way faster. My wife is having trouble getting emails or connecting to her vpn. Playing Call of duty is reminding me of the good ole dial up days. i have all of rogers services and we are paying over 500 a month . My speed at 1:45am on Saturday morning is 1246kbps down and 66kbps up. There is no p2p running right now. We use our internet for business and personal use. I think if this is not resolved soon, i'll be cancelling all services with rogers. We pay a premium for reliability and quality, but those qualities are no longer present. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi you!

Thanks for joining our community, and for your patience.

Please send your ticket number, full name and phone number where you can be reached to forumsupport@rci.rogers.com with the subject line TECH SUPPORT.

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: I have the same problem as you. Terrible internet speed at Marlee & Eglinton for over a week.  I have  tried phone and chat technicians and noone tells me what's wrong with the speed. I got a ticket and they told me they would get back to me in about 48 hours (that was last week).  I called after the 48 hours and the technician told me this things usually take a longer time. WTF! It's been over a week now and not even a call from Rogers. I'm starting to think switching over from Bell to Rogers was a bad mistake.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi you and mrsummers,

Are you still having these same issues? If so, please send me a PM with any troubleshooting results you have, ie. ping, traceroute results, and ticket numbers for the previous contacts you've had with Rogers and we can look into this further.

If you need information on where to find that information, please let us know.

RR
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problems! I'm in guelph and last few days its been getting worse and worse. I had to shut off wifi on my iphone cuz 3g was way faster. My wife is having trouble getting emails or connecting to her vpn. Playing Call of duty is reminding me of the good ole dial up days. i have all of rogers services and we are paying over 500 a month . My speed at 1:45am on Saturday morning is 1246kbps down and 66kbps up. There is no p2p running right now. We use our internet for business and personal use. I think if this is not resolved soon, i'll be cancelling all services with rogers. We pay a premium for reliability and quality, but those qualities are no longer present. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Im just west of you, between Dufferin and Oakwood. My internet has been the slowest by far. Im using Express and im getting speeds from 1-20kb/s, this is worse than Ultra-lite i had before. It's ridiculous. It's been almost a month for me. It all happened the beginning of the month. Im so fed up. I called many times, and they all said somethings wrong, but wont fix it. Not only is this a waste of my time, but also money. 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

There is an open ticket for the issue you describe. It was hard to narrow down, but they are investigating at present. No ETA on resolution yet.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You're most likely on Dupont HUB, which explains the terrible service you're getting.

Visit DSL Reports for more info.
Rogers Ignite 100
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Like the OP, I'm also an Express customer in the St. Clair/Bathurst area of Toronto, and can verify the issue remains after 3+ weeks.  The download speeds during evenings + weekends are generally 200 - 600 kbps which makes doing anything online other than email or basic browsing aggravating.  Almost as frustrating is the tech support cycle of calling in, doing the tests, opening a ticket, waiting 24-48 hours for the automated 'problem resolved' message, and then starting over because nothing has in fact been resolved. (and follow-ups usually indicate that the "problem resolved" ticket closing is because of "not enough info"???)

I appreciate that moderators are asking for PM'd details, however it's remarkable that the customers posts at places like DSLreports Rogers forum provide the only info on the problem.  I request that anyone from Rogers who does not have enough information start by reading http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24923795-Express-Extremely-Slow-D-L-Speeds-in-Toronto .

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd like to give you my ticket number, but it was closed without resolution. I know there is a greater issue at hand here, it just would be nice if when I call someone on the other end would acknowledge the issue. One person did, a week and half ago but not since. Two weeks with substandard service is beyond acceptable. And there are countless people with the issue. If it's being worked on, fair enough, just be straight with us.