Horrible 3g network speeds Downtown Ottawa

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Horrible 3g network speeds Downtown Ottawa

The 3G network is good about 3.5meg first thing in the morning and around 5PM but between 9am - 4:30 the ping is around 1000ms+ for a server at Ottawa U. Speed is about 0.40meg down and 0.01meg upload... Rogers you really need to upgrade your network to handle the load when everyone comes downtown to work for the day..

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Horrible 3g network speeds Downtown Ottawa

Yeah no kidding.  I've been on the phone with tech support for hours.  They won't admit there's any problem and keep blaming on my device.  My wife has the same problem along with other people I know in Ottawa.  The network sucks. Period.  They will do nothing about it.  When my 3 year contract is up, I'm gone, along with my TV and high speed internet.

I'm a Senior Advisor

It's fine in the evening and first thing in the morning but I can barley use it during the day.. The suburbs work fine for me though I'm usually on wifi... Can you do speed tests and send the screen shots to tech support to prove that your device works fine some of the times?
I've Been Here Awhile

...and here I thought it was just my new iPhone4. It seems to lose 3G signal with a light breeze...and drops calls like a hot potato. I never really had these issues with my 3GS. Nor this issue prior to moving to Ottawa. Hmm...

Just my 2.04 cents.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've found that it's improved lately.  I can now get 200-300 pings with 1Mbps down and .5-1 Mbps up.  I think they've finally put in some more capacity.  It's been bad ever since they came out with the Iphone 4.