Home Theatre Hook Up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Home Theatre Hook Up

My box is a 3250HD, and it does not have an HDMI cable port, only the component cable port for the HD.

My TV is a HD Samsung LN40B550, and the guide says that the best performance for Video is HDMI and Audio is Optical.

I have a LD home theater receiver HT904TA and my thoughts are to attach:

Cable Box to home theatre receiver:

• Optical out/optical in  
  • Component connector: HDTV out/ HD IN

Home theater to TV:

• HDMI Cable out to TV HDMI 1

Please advice as I would liek to best sound and video.

Thanks in advance!

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Home Theatre Hook Up

You could exchange your digital box at rogers for one with hdmi. Just bring it in and exchange it if your renting it.

Looking at the user manual page 7 (http://www.lg.com/uk/common/product/support.jsp?localeCd=uk&productId=HT904TA&uri=/uk/tv-audio-video...
You can get the manual here.
(http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/home-cinema/LG-HT904TA.jsp)

I would exchange the digital box for one with hdmi out. then I would run an hdmi cable from the digital box to the home theater and one hdmi cable from the home theater to the tv. That should be all the cables you need. No need for optical or component and this should give you the best user experiences and picture/sound.
I've Been Here Awhile

I've had a 3250HD for 4 years now and have a constant issue with the On Demand menus not showing any text. They do show the small video previews with sound though. There can also be a lot of video break up. I can rememdy the situation by re-booting (unpluging) the unit. It is fairly frequent and really annoying. It also doesn't have HDMI out ... arghh!

Is this common, or do I have an outdated or faulty unit? Will Rogers replace it free of charge?

Any help is appreciated ... Pat

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ptadier if it's a rental just bring it in to Rogers and exchange it for free.
I've Been Around

Very common, menus are blank, box requires constant reboots and the lag time between channels is ridiculous especially when you are going past an Ondemand channel. The amount of pixilation in the HD service is just annoying if you are watching on a screen that is more 80 inches. Your picture is only as good as the source. This source needs a lot of work.