Home Phone Not Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Home Phone Not Working

My home phone service is currently not working. I'm located in Scarborough.

The service has been dropping the last couple of days and doing a recycle of the modem would bring it back up. But right now, it has gone down again and a reboot or reset of the modem does not fix the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know what's going on?

For a home phone service that costs as much as it does, it's quite unacceptable.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Home Phone Not Working

Hi wrxy,

If you're continuing to experience issues we'd be happy to assist via PM or through one of our social channels on Facebook or Twitter (@RogersHelps).

Thanks!

Kate

Highlighted
I've Been Around

set up voice at 9 am this morn have a busy signal on my phone ever since

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

rosiegirl:

A new setup (first time) at your house for rogers home phone?

You are hearing a busy signal type thing when you pick it up? or is it busy for all calls to it?

Is the phone pluged into a wall jack, which feeds back to the rogers phone box (wherever it is)?
IF so, could be crossed wire somewhere, making it THINK its off the hook.

Try the phone directly into the rear of the unit to elminate that.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

my home phone hasn't worked since noon today.  please fix it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rogerd1959

No one can fix it over on here. You need to contact Rogers & speak to their home phone department. See if they can fix it that way. If not, they need to bring a tech over & have them look at what is going on.

Also which area do you live in?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problem. I came home last night to find "dead air" when I tried to make a call. The phone display shows "set tel line". I chatted with tech support. I was told to reset the modem, take the battery out, unplug the coaxial cable and unplug the plug. Still nothing. Now I have to wait 2 days for a tech!!! If I can wait 2 days, why do I need a home phone? Any ideas on how to fix this now? I am expecting a phone call today and do not want the person to hear a busy signal all day. And, I cannot call them from another phone as they do not give out their number. Help!