Home Edition app seems to only work if classic theme is enabled on PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Home Edition app seems to only work if classic theme is enabled on PVR

Greetings

Love the home edition iphone  app.  In my case it works only if "classic" theme is chosen on the PVR setup menu (appereance). I have the nextbox 3.  If the  "modern" theme is chosen then the iphone app continually throws out general error and won't work at all.  for what ever reason - if classic theme is chosen it works like a champ.    Do you know if Rogers plans to address this?  - wondering if they tested the app with when modern theme is chosen on the pvr setup

***Edited labels***

I'm a Regular

Re: Home Edition app seems to only work if classic theme is enabled on PVR

I think most people use the classic theme so they might not have tested it with modern. Although maybe it would work if you waited. It seems to be one of the things that fixes itself if you give it time.

I'm an Advisor

Re: Home Edition app seems to only work if classic theme is enabled on PVR

Dean604:

Here's another thread about problems with this app: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Since I got the Nextbox 3, it's been totally unreliable. I used to have an 8300HD PVR and it worked most of the time, but not so with the NB 3. Almost every time I try it, it doesn't recognize my PVR. After much trial and error, I've found the NB 3 has to be rebooted to get the app working again. It will work for a day or so, then stops working again. Rogers really needs to take a serious look at this app to see what's wrong with it.