Hmmmm...strange new problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hmmmm...strange new problem

It has been a little while since I was on a call and had to use the browser.  I happened to have to do so today and found a new error (for me anyway).  And error came up that said something to the effect of "A data connection could not be established since a call is active".

Now, I don't know if this is caused perhaps by iOS 4.3 or by the Rogers network or some carrier bundle update. Seems strange. Almost like 4.3 think my phone is a Verizon or CDMA phone. Or maybe after the network meltdown a couple days ago this is just another side effect.

Anyone seen this previously or have a fix?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: Hmmmm...strange new problem

Hi KWRogers,

This is the first I hear of this issue happening after a 4.3 update. This sounds more like an issue with the device configuration. Did you try turning the device off an on? I recommend also trying a network settings reset:

Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings (This will erase saved WiFi passwords)

Let us know if that works,

Thanks. I don't know if that fixed it or if it resolved itself, but I did a quick test and it's working ok now.

I've Been Around

I have had this problem before and i think when you are not in 3G coverage you cant be doing both calling and on the internet

That could have been it. I was outside when it happened and fairly close to a Rogers tower on the RIM campus, but 3G coverage is very spotty here. When indoor at my location 3G can come and go, but I was outside when this happened so I didn't even think of that.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation