Hitron cgn2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hitron cgn2

The store can't waive any fees, etc, that could, if possible only be done via over the phone.

That package generally will need the newer Hitron one than you have.
Overall, even if you are not using the wifi, etc on it, is a better modem. They are trying, on higher packages especially to get people to is, as it has 24 channels vs 8 on yours. With more people getting higher packages, this reduces the chances of getting any congestion.

Now the new package prices you see listed on the site, include the price of the rental of the modem (vs the old plans was ontop)

If you upgrade your plan today, your usage will go to the new max for today

Beacher
I Plan to Stick Around

Recently upgraded from Extreme to Fibre 60. Was given the Hitron CGN3 and am having issues. Was told my only options for the Fibre 60 package is either the Hitron CGN2 or Hitron CGN3 if all other attempts at resolving my issues fail. Your present modem appears to be the Hitron CGN2.

Beacher
I Plan to Stick Around

Switched to the Fibre 60 2 months ago and was given the CGN3 and having issues. Was told my only options for Fibre 60 are the Hitron CGN2 or Hitron CGN3. I'd suggest you try the Fibre 60 with the CGN2 and if speeds aren't to your liking you can upgrade to the CGN3.

The cost of new modem is included in the new plans so it wouldn't be costing you anything extra if you were to switch/ upgrade to the NEW CGN3 modem.

TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hitron CGN3 is the only approved modem for 60/10 plan. It might take up to 5 days to get recent firmware pushed to your CGN3. Once firmware is upgraded to the latest version the perdormance of the gateway should be good.

What kind of issues are you experiencing?

TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

CGN2 is not an option for 60/10 package. You just need to wait intil the updated firmware will be pushed to your gateway. After that the gateway performace should be good.

Beacher
I Plan to Stick Around

Hitron CGN3 is the only approved modem for 60/10 plan.

Thanks for that. I guess I was misinformed by Rogers CAT in regards to using either the CGN2 or CGN3. It was HIS suggestion offered to resolve my download and upload issues if all else failed.

Why he would make this suggestion is beyond me and I now realize if my connection issues aren't resolved by Rogers I have no other options to improve the situation.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the 30/5 or lower you can use the CGN2

Beacher
I Plan to Stick Around

Just phoned CAT and was again told that I can exchange my CGN3 for the Hiltron CGN2 on the Fibre 60 plan. Having to reboot modem every 1 1/2- 2 hours. Will be swapping it out tomorrow....over the past year this will make it Modem # 7 LOLLL

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, if they allow it, all the better.
(Though the cgn2 has its own issues as well)

I run the cgn3 as a gateway, with a separate router as an AP, and have had zero downtime with it, needs to reboot, etc.

Maxx0rz
I've Been Around

Hey, I just got upgraded to the HF 60 plan, and they gave me a CGN2-ROG modem. You said they want everyone on CGN3 for plans 60 and above -- what gives?