Hitron Modem Wireless Issue Solved?????????

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hitron Modem Wireless Issue Solved?????????

Since installing the New Hitron Modem in our home a few months ago, we have been plagued with the infamous "dropped wirless) issue. It got to the point that we were on the verge of having the entire service taken out of our hime. We were experiencing dropped signals sporaticly, sometimes 3-4 times a day and then it would be good for a few days and then back   to the same issue. I called Rogers tech support and they scheduled a tech visit. The gentleman who showed up explained that thie paticular issue is generally caused but a bad service cable or connector to the home. He hooked up some form of anylizer to the cable coming into our home and showed us a packet loss issue. He then went outside an did a line test that determined that the cable from the green junction box in our neighbours yard to our home was damaged. He replaced this cable. That was 3 weeks ago and we have not had a drop in service since. I was a little skeptical about this explanation and fix but the proof is in the fix. You may want to have this looked into is you are experiencing the same issue.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hitron Modem Wireless Issue Solved?????????

Good post!
While time will tell if that fixes it, it's a good possible solution.
Worth people with similar to get a tech to come out, at least illiminate it out of the equation.

I've Been Here Awhile

As a followup, it has been three weeks and the connection has not dropped. Looks like this was the issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was tempted to bridge my Hitron about 1 month ago after reading endless post of wireless dropouts here and there just for the sake of doing like most people here who bridge their Hitrons but not because I have problems with it. But I just can't decide to pull the plug because I have not have a disconnection in almost 2 months since I got this modem (I honestly swear) and my d/l speeds are never below 25mps (more like 28 to 33 and the upload is between 7 and 10 all the time. I even game a lot on my Xbox playing Call of Duty online and almost never lag. Even when it does, i'm sure it is not from my side because this game is known to have lags from time to time mostly from their server that can't handle the pressure. And my Xbox is connected wirelessly also.

It is difficult for me to justify bridging this modem as I have no problem with it contrary to the majority. I don't want to rub it in but this is the reality for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While the 'quality' of the gateways is Definitely not great by its track record, at least on the wireless end, etc...

I think a lot of the stability issues are partially tied to the d3 part, and other factors as well, as there are many that have stable connections with them.

Unfortunately it's like a roll of the dice sometimes Smiley Sad

Glad to hear you guys are working well Smiley Happy

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation