Hitron CGN3ROG and Port Forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Hitron CGN3ROG and Port Forwarding

Hi @certifiedcuriou,

Thank you for your post!

I understand you have a Hitron CGN3ACSMR modem with port forwarding configurations that are set and working fine, however you're no longer able to access the port forwarding page due to the page timing out. Have you tried accessing the same page from another PC or browser? Have you tried removing all other physical cable / hardware connections to test access? If you reboot this replacement wireless modem, are you still able to access the port forwarding page? Maybe try setting up the port forwarding from scratch again this time setting and testing the page with only one port setting at a time rather than adding them all at once.

Let us know what happens,
RogersArthur

AntiHitron
I've Been Around

I've been in networks for more than 20 years. Hitron sucks! A simple port forwarding task took more than a few hours before I gave up and decided I won't waste time anymore. Tomorrow, I call Rogers and ask for a better product. Else I to Bell.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Port forwarding DOES work onthe CGN3.. i can atest to it.  I have about 5+ different things forwarded right now without any issues.

GETTING to the port forwarding page.. can be a little taxing.  (thats really bad design on Hitrons part).
What happens, is when you load the section that the port forwarding tab is on.. it appears to LOCK up .. cant change tabs.
Well, you CAN.   Problem is, on that first page that comes up, its trying to load the full clients table on that page.. and wont let you change until its loaded... so you have to like sit there for 5+ mins depending on the number of clients you have, until you can then change to the port forwarding tab.

But once there, it DOES work.
Its limited to 9 entries i think? 
But i does work.
(it, nor any of the rogers gateways, support LOOPBACK though.. so no way of testing it from inside your own network though.. you cant test it by going to your own external IP while internal on your network.. you have to use another connection)

Unfortunately, the hitrons are the only newer modems on rogers.
And i can attest, from trying to do so on my brother in laws this weekend with bell FIBE... port forwarding is really not any better.. flakey interface.. and very limited as to what you can enter 😞

All in all, if you are looking towards any form of more ADVANCED port forwarding (with any company) you would be best to put these all in one units in BRIDGE MODE, and put in your own more capable wireless router, which often have much better port forwarding features.

Bobby07
I've Been Here Awhile

I Have The Hitron CGN3ACSMR Model And I Cant Port Forward My Server With 192.168.0.1 Ip Adress.

I Need Help Because The Page Isnt Even Loading Up, It Just Says WebPage Not Available.

And When I Was With Bell, I Could Easily Port Forward, But Now Its Not Even Working.

And Ive Tried Doing it On 3 Other Computers And Some Mobile Devices, And Its not Working.

Please Help

RogersMoin

Hello, @Bobby07

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Are you trying to access the gateway admin page on a WiFi connection? Please try rebooting the gateway modem and try it on a wired connection, hope this helps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As @Gdkitty indicated above, none of the Rogers modems "....support LOOPBACK though.. so no way of testing it from inside your own network though.. you cant test it by going to your own external IP while internal on your network.. you have to use another connection)"

Bobby07
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersMoin

Nope I tried what you said and it did not work, but thanks anyways.