Hitron CGN2-ROG Works Great!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Hitron CGN2-ROG Works Great!

I am also curious about the password on the modem once in bridge.

Can one leave it the default username and password ? There isnt a way I know of to access the modem once in bridge mode...

The only way I know of is to factory reset and login back in the standard way.

Does leaving it the default username and password in bridge mode leave some other security hole open?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you bridge it, there is no login anymore, well technically, mostly from our end.
There is a way of doing it where you have to put in the local Rogers internal ip for it (not the external facing one) and can log in that way.

Since all the services are 100% off in bridged mode you should be ok, but if you want to be safe change them before you bridge mode it.

Just if you ever do the factory reset to get it back, it will be all reset, so make sure to set stuff ASAP.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is an update on my Hitron modem constantly hanging up. I had a Rogers Techician come & checkout my situation. It turns out it was not a Hitron modem probelm but a cable problem. The tech replaced the cable from the telephone pole to my house with High Speed cable. He also found a splitter in the junction box on the telephone pole that was corroded & making poor connection & causing noise. The splitter was removed because it wasn't needed. He also replaced every BNC connector in my cable line from the telephone pole right up to the Hiltron modem. For two days now I have been completely trouble free & very happy with the Hiltron & Rogers hi speed internet.

I have left my Hitron in the bridge mode because i really like my Apple Airport Extreme for wireless & have no plans to use the Hitron in the wireless mode.

I was so pleased with the Rogers Technician Peter ID# 4637. Peter went out of his way to fix the problem, a very dedicated Rogers employee (10 out of 10).

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Nobody doubts that the modem portion should work fine. The fact that you are leaving the Hitron in bridge mode and using your Apple Airport Extreme for wireless says something about your confidence with the router portion and this is the point - the gateways from Rogers for wireless are complete and utter garbage. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Riorio, you are the 2nd person to say that the drop outs were solved by similar methods of having things replaced to fix signal/noise issues.

While I still agree these are garbage gateways, they may be more sensitive, and pick up these problems easier than others (where another might ignore the noise on the line)

I Plan to Stick Around

Like I said a few months back. I have had no dropouts ever with mine (since February). Not once. And the speed over wireless is good too. I must have some perfect lines and connectors. At least...this is what I want to believe after reading 2 posters with the same outcome.

I've Been Around

I had dropouts with wireless and decided to keep my 6 years old linksys wrt54gl

SONOS bridge for wireless music system doesnt work with Hitron either, cant get IP address, I plug it into my old router  everything works wonderfully everytime.

Any idea how to get out of BRIDGE mode on Hitron if necessary , besides RESET ???

They gave me modem for free for a year, but definetely not worth 8 bucks a month, or 199 to purchase

Cheers ,

Paul.

**Edited for content**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have the USB setup key I think you can from it.

Or the reset.

There is a 3rd way of setting as the subnet or the external address, etc, but that one is more work in my opinion.