Hitron CDE-30364 Port Forwarding?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Hitron CDE-30364 Port Forwarding?

Closing the loop on this item:

I gave up on getting the Hitron CDE-30364 to forward ports.  I put it in bridged mode, following the instructions here.  I don't think there is any way to access the Hitron web interface after doing that, so the only way to get it back to router mode in the future would be to press and hold the factory reset button to put it back to the as-delivered config.

The Hitron now only feeds my Vonage VOIP box/router, which is providing DHCP and port forwarding.  The Vonage box feeds my Apple Airport Base Station, which is running in bridged mode, and provides my WiFi network and has various other things hooked up by Ethernet.  Everything is working the way I want now, including port forwarding to access the services on my main Mac.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Half to hear you got it working, at least in THAT configuration. Shouldn't have to, but at least your up and working.

I've Been Around

I recently got the Hitron wireless router/modem.  Previously I just had a moadem connected to a router, but the router would loose its connection frequently, so I upgraded to the new wireless modem.

I had port forwarding (port 80) working with my old setup, it works with the new modem as well,

but, I can't access the pubic domain/ip website from inside my lan.  Anyone know who to configure this?

I can use the ocal ip, but I want to be able to use the public one.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Your problems are widely known and can be fixed as follows:

1. Hitron gateway uses custom Rogers firmware which somehow affects port forwarding feature. Your best bet is to switch your Hitron gateway into bridged mode which would effectively turn it into cable modem and use your old router with it. Once you do it, port forwarding on your old router should work fine.

2. Dropped wireless connections is an inherent problems of the Rogers gateways (Cisco, Hitron and SMC) and caanot be fixed at the moment. Most people use wireless from theit own routers.

Hope this helps.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As TeDD13 said.. all in all, your best bet is to put it in bridged mode, and use your own router.  This will give you better wireless performance, as well as more advanced port forwarding features (as well, as the port forwarding on the hitron seems flakey)

Now... though you are saying, while INSIDE your network, you want to be able to view your webserver, via the EXTERNAL IP?

This will really come down to WHICH router you are using.

Way back in the day, i was able to do this with my webserver.. but my last 3 routers (2 linksys, 1 dlink) did not support it.
Forget the exact term.. something like loopback.  It wont resolve properly, since your already inside the network.
But will resolve fine from externaly.
(this is how i currently am.  My webserver, internaly can only go off the internal IP/name, but can access FINE externaly via the external IP.)

I've Been Around

I am looking for any help I can get.  I have been using a Linksys router along with a Netgear router for my Rogers Home Monitoring to allow me to DCC in my mIRC chat program. No problems whatsoever since the Netgear was installed in October.  I now have the CGN3 replacing my Linksys for the new Hybrid service.  I can no longer DCC and have tried for several hours to set up port forwarding to allow me to do so.  I called Rogers for assistance since my DCC worked before the CGN3 was installed and was told they only provide the car, they do not teach you how to drive it.  All I want is someone to help me set up my DCC as it was before the CGN3 as I realize I can no longer go back to my grandfathered plan.  *Duh me*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A few options.

Firstly, what is the sw firmware version when you log in? It takes a few days to be pushed out, that fixes some of the forwarding issues.
I know general forwarding of http, FTP, and my media server work fine on the latest firmware.

Beyond that, you can put the cgn3 in bridged mode and turn it Into a modem only, using your old linksys setup as before.