cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiltron CGN2-ROG - How to switch off Guest SSID?

drdtyc
I've Been Here Awhile

On the Hiltron CGN2-ROG, I have set up the Primary SSID as, say, "HomeWifi".

It automatcially generated Multiple SSID(3) as "HomeWifi-guest"

I have two questions to ask.

1. How to switchoff the guest SSID?

The Multiple SSID(3) line is greyed out. I cannot uncheck the "in-service" box in the gateway web interface page.

2. Is the guest SSID protected by password? 

My Primary SSID is WPA protected with password (i.e.pre-shared key).

I main concern is someone using my gateway without authorization.

***edited labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Hiltron CGN2-ROG - How to switch off Guest SSID?

foodgodessto
I've Been Here Awhile

The HiTron modem completely disables the normal CES access, and the customer admin interface is very limited in a number of ways.

You cannot change wireless frequency band width, for example.  The router itself supports it, but the interface is disabled.

Controlling the guest wifi is also available under the CES login, but since we don't have access to that anymore the only way is to use the USB stick.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

How does one get the USB stick for easy connect?  I have misplaced mine somewhere. I want to disable the guest account.

Do I have to go to the store to get it, or can it be downloaded somewhere?

Bruce

Datalink
Resident Expert

Simple solution if you can't find the USB stick, call tech support and ask the CSR to disable the guest account.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Found it. Problem solved.  But for future or anybody else's situation, an answer on whether it can be downloaded, or you go to the store would still be appreciated.

Thanks, Bruce

Datalink
Resident Expert

I haven't seen a downloadable version of it, but then I really haven't looked for it either.  I don't recommend that it be used at all to be honest, after bricking a CGN3 with it.  If someone really needs a guest capability, I'd recommend buying a good router that will give you that capability and much more.  The Rogers store should have those available on request.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation