Hide Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Hide Channels

Hello BigJug

It is. You need to do it one by one like GDktity said. honestly why not just have a selection we can do & delete what we select instead of doing it one by one. I wonder if the developers ever thought of this..
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello BigJug

It is. You need to do it one by one like GDktity said. honestly why not just have a selection we can do & delete what we select instead of doing it one by one. I wonder if the developers ever thought of this..

They may have.

Likely its more of a 'marketing' wants it harder to do..  The more channels you see (even if you cant get them) the more likely you are to see while browsing... "OOOH, that channel has that show.. i have been wanting to watch it.. maybe i'll buy that channel" sort of thing 😛

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am new here... I "only" have Digital TV, with 190 or so channels.  But there are hundreds listed.  I figured out how to remove certain channels from being listed, but it is a bit tedious. 

I don't want any channel I don't have to be listed.  But before I invest the time in manually making this happen (it will probably take an hour), I want to make sure that what I change will stay changed, and not get undone by Nextbox glitches or power outages?  Is this likely?

On another note, is there any way to eliminate Video on Demand channels from view, too? (Chennels of that type do not appear to have a remove option?)

Cheers!

Matt

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@matt72yard wrote:

I am new here... I "only" have Digital TV, with 190 or so channels.  But there are hundreds listed.  I figured out how to remove certain channels from being listed, but it is a bit tedious. 

I don't want any channel I don't have to be listed.  But before I invest the time in manually making this happen (it will probably take an hour), I want to make sure that what I change will stay changed, and not get undone by Nextbox glitches or power outages?  Is this likely?

On another note, is there any way to eliminate Video on Demand channels from view, too? (Chennels of that type do not appear to have a remove option?)

Cheers!

Matt

1.  There's an easier way to get rid of channels you don't have.  One of your options under the 'Hide/Unhide' menu is "Hide All Unsubscribed'  These settings tend to survive Nextnox reboots. I haven't lost these settings yet.

2.  Yes, but its tedious.  You have to 'favorite' the channels you want to appear in the guide.  Then press the "FAV" button on your remote instead of guide ( or press GUIDE twice).  You'll then only see the channels you've markes as favorites.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks! 🙂

I'm Here A Lot

'Hide all unsubscribed' does not work for me.

The 1st 2 options have an affect.

If i choose 'Show all channels' none are greyed out.

If i choose 'Hide all' just OD channels show up with some greyed out.

The last 2 options seem to do nothing at all.

If i choose 'Show all Unsubscribed channels' nothing changes at all , whatever was hidden from 'Hide All' remains

If i choose 'Hide all Unsubscribed channels' nothing changes at all, however it was before remains.

I used to have unsubscribed channels 'greyed out' but now they are all white, sub'ed or not.

Nextbox 2.0  4642HD 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well, after a soft reboot, these functions work correctly now.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm new to the Netbox 3.0 (from ExpressVU) and wondered if there is a way to restrict the guide to show only the channels i'm subscribed too.  I don't like have to scroll through everything to find my channels and was hoping for a short cut to creating my own list of blocking what I don't buy.

Bell ExpressVU allowed you the toggle the guide to 'all' or 'subscribed'.

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Press "Settings" on the remote.

Scroll down to "Channel Settings" and press Select on the remote.

Scroll right to "Hide Channels" on top of screen.

Select "Show All/Hide All Options"

Then select your choice and press enter (Select).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

OMG  You are brilliant!  I had no idea you could do this. Wow!  Look at all of those channels!  I've never gone past channel 85.  I feel like a kid in a candy store! Thank you for the step by step instructions.