Help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Help

I was a Rogers customer for a couple of years, I recently bought the 1 year plan ($85 unlimited texting) SIM for my grand son to use with the unlocked phone (Samsung Blackjack). This phone worked fine with Rogers SIM during my plan with Rogers in the past. Now replacing the old Rogers SIM with the new one, the phone asking for a phone PIN which I do not have. The wording is like this: "This phone can only be used with a specific SIM. Enter the unlock code or insert an approved SIM". Did talk with Rogers Help Centre personnel without luck. I'm new to all this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Help

Hello nobadi

Have you contacted Rogers to see if the new sim card is not activated? If it has been, it seems the phone is not accepting the sim card. I would highly suggest taking it to the Rogers store and see if they can fix it
I'm a Senior Contributor

I think this page may contain the root causes and solutions to your current problem: http://www.howardforums.com/printthread.php?t=1320509

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hogwash

That could be it. The previous owner ( their grand son) could have by accidently enabled the Sim Lock.

In order to by pass this, you either need the sim password or have a tech look at it. ( as what posters are saying on there)

Updated Solution

If you are unable to activate your sim card you will need treach out to us and have us take a look at this for you. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Update: I found an old Petro phone, charged it up and insert the SIM. Voilà ! It works. This means the Blackjack is password protected as you all mentioned. Again thank you all for your help.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nobadi

Try getting the password and unlock it! You are welcome.