cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with setting up Windows mail from shaw, using rogers new account.

Moviemom
I'm Here A Lot

I have tried everything and have now gotten lost. I use windows mail, and have switched over to Rogers and still want to use Windows mail but using the new rogers account. Shaw is done and I connot send messages out with this server.

I am mixed up so much that anyone who helps me I hope I do not mix you up too. Iappreciate your help.

***edited labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help with setting up Windows mail from shaw, using rogers new account.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, lets start at the begining? You do have a @rogers email now?

You have the password, etc for it?

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just a hunch, but I'm assuming that this is somebody caugh in the Hamilton changeover.

Rogers has a link on their main page to assist former Shaw customers.  Here's the link with the appropriate settings tonset up your Rogers email

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/email/87

wayner92
I'm a Reliable Contributor

And since it appears that ths is forcing an email address change then why not take the opportunity to switch to an email provider like Yahoo!, Gmail, Apple or MS that is ISP agnostic?  Why would anyone want to stick with their ISP's email address? 

While i have like.. 4 email addresses 😛  I still have one from rogers.

Why? I have had it since the @rogerswave.ca days... its been around for 18 years.. dont want to get rid of it.. to many people have it, etc.

For something REALLY important, i would consider someone to use a PAID 3rd party one.
If only for the reason of accountability.

gmail, MS mail, etc are great and all.. but a free service.. and they pretty much have zero accountability if something does go amiss.
My hotmail address (which is really only tied to my xbox live account now), the whole content was lost... TWICE.
Their responce to my inqieries about it? "Its a free service, we cant guarantee you anything"

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation