Help - out of warranty replacement

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Help - out of warranty replacement

Hey all - just looking for some thoughts or suggestions or if anyone has had the same issues...and then for opinions on what I should do.

I re-signed a three year contract March 2013 and received a Blackberry Bold 9900 - unfortunately, I went through an entire wash cycle & could not be fixed, I spoke with a rep and they had informed me of the out of warrany replacement program, which I thought was great. We went through a list of phones and decided on a Samsung Galaxy SII - I received an email the next day saying that the Samsung SQ has been sent, I called to talk to someone as this isnt the right phone...they informed me to ignore the email it was the SII. I receive the phone & it is in fact he SQ....so no problem I return it. The next rep tells me they are currently out of stock of the SII but have a refurbed HTC One for $199 ( i thought this was odd as this is a brand new one...but the rep confirmed yes...HTC one) so they send out...I receive...its the HTC One S....So I call..they apologise the last rep misread the code. So I sent it back...and then the next rep (one the phone was rec'd back on their end and processed) says we know have the SII...I will send it out...so I receieved it two days ago...its the right phone...However it doesnt work...at all. I called and they said it is a software issue...they apologise & say they will send out another one immediately. I declined saying no...to much time now has been wasted with no guarantee of an actual phone I am told I will get or if it works, They say sorry...we will apply a $50 credit to you account. To me, this does not seem sufficent as it was almost a 4 week ordeal.

One rep then recommends I add a second line...put the bare minium on one line and get a new phone for the 2nd line. I thought this was okay...said yes...but then I called back within the hour as I thought more about it and It didnt seem like a good choice. So they cancelled that idea and offered to give me a better plan for my old blackberry I am currently using. Sure..great...they change the plan up but I then had no data for two days :s I call...and they say ooops It wasnt a blackberry plan!!!

Im frusterated...I 100% understand that the out of warranty program is a courtesy they dont have to offer...,but is it wrong to expect the right phone? or a working one?

I have been getting different answers from every rep I have spoken with..

Anyone with similar problems?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Help - out of warranty replacement

While myself have never used it..

My understanding, the out of warranty program, are refurbished phones.  SO they are not NEW phones normally.... but YES, they SHOULD be working.  They should be fully tested/checked to make sure that they work fine.

Luckilly you have your OLD phone still and were able to revert to it at min durring this.. this is the ONE Reason i keep my previous phone, just in case.

Rep training and consistancy, has been a big pet peeve by a few regulars here, and we have been trying to 'encourage' some change.

I've Been Here Awhile

I know they are refurbished - they did tell me that part but I was shocked when the one rep confirmed it was a refurbished HTC One because it was one of their newer phones. I did ask several people if they tested the refurbished phones before sending them out...all of which just gave me an "Oh....I don't know"....grrrrr so frusterating.

The general answer just seems to be "I understand the frusteration and inconvenience" and thats all. 

thanks for your repsonse 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Refurbished sometimes is even just a returned phone,etc. but they SHOULD be testing them before they are sent out, that's for sure.