Help me Unlock Iphone 4S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Help me Unlock Iphone 4S

I bought a Iphone4S I think it  is factory unlocked. Carrier: Rogers . But i can't to use with rogers sim and any other sim ( Sim not valid ), Chatr only. i 'm in VietNam now ! Help me unlock my phone! thanks

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Help me Unlock Iphone 4S

@kwRogers. You need to have bought the phone outright & in the end of your contact OR leaving the country ( which he has)  in order for Rogers to unlock it for you for $50. This is what i & every one else has heard from Rogers.

IF he bought it from Apple then it should have been unlocked. If from Rogers then he needs to contact them but rules are rules right?

"I bought a Iphone4S , Seri MD241C  is factory unlocked. Carrier: Rogers . But i can't to use with rogers sim and any other sim ( Sim not valid ), Chatr only. i 'm in VietNam now ! Help me unlock my phone! thanks"

IF you read his first post he says it can be used with Chat-R but it does NOT work for Rogers. That kinda is weird how it does not work with Rogers yet with Chat-r. He needs to contact the store / place he bought the phone from.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I would suggest taking the Serial # out oh the post.. Are you sure the phone was Factory unlocked? Did you buy it from a Rogers store outright or the Apple store? Also how much did you pay? If you paid more then $500 then yes it should have been factory unlocked BUT only at the apple store.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i 'm not sure that 's factory unlocked, but i 'paid 650$ for this phone. I can use Chatr sim to active the phone. Phone said Carrier : Roger 11.0
But i can't use any sim more to use. Please help me to unlock this phone. Thanks
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers owns Chatr. This is why you would seem Rogers on there.. Where did you buy the phone from? a Rogers store or a Chatr store? You can not unlock the phone. The only way to unlock it is via jailbreak & i really dont know if they found a unlocking yet for the 4S. Sorry bud.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

In you first post you mention it is a factory unlocked phone but then say it is locked to Rogers. If it is locked, you cannot unlock it, only Rogers can. If it is unlocked, you don't need to unlock it.

Where did you buy it from? If you paid $650 directly to Rogers and it is locked, then you can call them up and ask them to unlock it for $50. You need to have an existing Rogers account in good standing and the phone has to have been non-subsidized.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@kwRogers. You need to have bought the phone outright & in the end of your contact OR leaving the country ( which he has)  in order for Rogers to unlock it for you for $50. This is what i & every one else has heard from Rogers.

IF he bought it from Apple then it should have been unlocked. If from Rogers then he needs to contact them but rules are rules right?

"I bought a Iphone4S , Seri MD241C  is factory unlocked. Carrier: Rogers . But i can't to use with rogers sim and any other sim ( Sim not valid ), Chatr only. i 'm in VietNam now ! Help me unlock my phone! thanks"

IF you read his first post he says it can be used with Chat-R but it does NOT work for Rogers. That kinda is weird how it does not work with Rogers yet with Chat-r. He needs to contact the store / place he bought the phone from.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

THanks to Meowmix & KWRogers help me
I bought this phone from a friend, not in store! But i 'm not in Canada now, i live in VietNam. So, you said i can paid 50$ for Roger to Unlock the phone! It 's true? My friends live in Montreal, Can u tell me What i need to have , in order to Roger help me unlock the phone ?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well you need to ask your friends which store he bought it from & how much did he pay for. Rogers wiIll NOT unlock it if you bought it from someone else or bought it from a random cellphone store.

In order for Rogers as well to unlock the phone you need to have bought the phone straight from Rogers.
If your friend never did then you are out of luck.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

hi,,,

iphone problems solutions are available here

http://forum.shaarpmind.com/

fast and safe experience in your iphone..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I tried a few things from that forum & only came to have troubles. I did everything they said but still had a few problems.