Help Programming Remote?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Help Programming Remote?

hey all,

I have a technical question with programming my remote. my remote has 5 device functions at the top, and i would like to program the volume for my tv, the set of directions i have received online were very vague.... could anyone help?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Help Programming Remote?

You should program the remote to your TV first.  Find your code for the 5 button remote on this link

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=126

Then go in the General Setting by pressing the settings button twice, then scroll down to Audio: Volume Ctrl, and set it to fixed.

That should fix the voulme issue, it did for me.

***Update***

Hello everyone,

For more information on Remote Programming, please click here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You should program the remote to your TV first.  Find your code for the 5 button remote on this link

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=126

Then go in the General Setting by pressing the settings button twice, then scroll down to Audio: Volume Ctrl, and set it to fixed.

That should fix the voulme issue, it did for me.

***Update***

Hello everyone,

For more information on Remote Programming, please click here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yup, IKnowStuff's right... Best option is to go to the urcsupport.com page and follow the instructions on how to program the remote to work with your TV.

once you confirm the TV is turning on/off, then follow the instructions on page 16 on how to change the volume control from one device to another.

Let me know how it turns out.

I Plan to Stick Around

I also find that using the quick start instructions printed behind the remote works for most devices without the need to find the correct codes.

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@haigo @dnavia

Thanks for helping out!