Heartbleed and Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Heartbleed and Rogers

Various news sources are telling me I should change my password to counteract the heartbleed OpenSSL issue, however https://www.facebook.com/ontarioconsumer is reporting I should ensure each Https site I log into has secured their sites first.  Has Rogers done this company-wide, and when will they be posting information regarding this to protect their customers?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Heartbleed and Rogers

This is a user to user form, so no one really here would have this information.

Better to ask on Facebook.com/rogers or twitter @rogershelps and see if they have the information.

(only part of the rogers site, SSL, i belive, is the myrogers account section.   Email servers, etc, would be done when yahoo does it)

Retired Moderator RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator

Hi, I believe I replied to you on Facebook already, but just in case it was just another great mind thinking alike:

Yahoo has implemented the fix across all of its sites, including Yahoo/Rogers email and confirmed that Rogers.com was not impacted.

@GDKitty, thanks for the redirect!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks Nicolas!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Nicolas,

Can you comment on phones that have firmware with the heartbleed vulnerability? I have read that the only version of android susceptible is 4.1.1.

Unfortunately for me, i have an HTC One X, for which 4.1.1 is the latest firmware released by Rogers. I am also aware that an update to the firmware has been released for this phone by HTC, which has subsequently been released to those using this phone is the US (AT&T).

I would appreciate any update you can provide in this regard.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersNicolas wrote:

Hi, I believe I replied to you on Facebook already, but just in case it was just another great mind thinking alike:

Yahoo has implemented the fix across all of its sites, including Yahoo/Rogers email and confirmed that Rogers.com was not impacted.

@Gdkitty, thanks for the redirect!

Thanks for posting that information here as I dont have  Facebook or Twitter accounts.  Do you know when Yahoo implimented the fix.  i changed my yahoo email password not too long ago and wonder if it need changing once again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like the 7th or 8th from what I can find.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks I guess I should change my password again, though I'm of the belief that if anyone really wants my info they will find a way to get it no matter how good my security.

I was just listening to a news report about how if your smartphone Wi-Fi turned on, hackers can use drones to fly over and grab your info .
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only if your phone would be set to auto connect, etc.
while a lot of these things can be done... It comes to how easy and profitable it will be. For the work of someone to fly a drone over your house, for the maybe just email password? Not worth it.

Not trying to downplay the heartbleed, etc. but someone is much more likely for your email, etc, to steal your password via a simple malware key logger.