cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harmony Remote and Ignite

Juliafoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys so I just got the ignite tv installed last night.  Set up my harmony remote with hub to operate it.  It only sort of works.  I tried it with both Xfinity Xi6-A and X1. It works for the most part but channel selection, when I dial in a series of numbers, is super slow and sometimes does not react.  Other times it picks it up twice.   Very annoying.  All the other stuff works pretty well, like guide, channel up and down, etc.  Any suggestions?  I have already adjusted the command repeats and this just makes a mess of it even further!

thanks!

julia

***Added Labels***

73 REPLIES 73

Re: Harmony Remote and Ignite

Sean77
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersAndy,

Rogers chat session with tech support concluded "Rogers does not support that device."  

No success with Logitech yet.  Was hoping this forum would help. 

Appears not to be a common problem.  

Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ignite TV just installed and I am configuring my Harmony One remote for it. Most keys work but these functions do not:

- SkipForward (does nothing)

- SkipBack (performs the same function as Replay)

There are no equivalent buttons on the Rogers remote so there are no learning opportunities. Anyone found a solution?

I have assigned a sequence for the SkipForward button to send multiple PgUp commands. It sort of works but needs some fine tuning. PgUp is set to 30 seconds rather than 5 minutes (which is too much). For reference this command can be changed by pressing Exit three times, entering 0030 (or 0300), and OK. I would be great if the time was variable and not just 30 seconds or 5 minutes.

EugW1
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV box - Can it be controlled by third-party infrared remotes?

I know the Ignite TV remote supports both infrared and RF, but does the Ignite TV box itself also support both IR and RF?

I realize a third party IR remote wouldn't support voice commands etc. but I still usually prefer using Logitech Harmony remotes for my TV setups. It would be nice if I could use a Logitech Harmony remote with the Ignite TV box.

I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@EugW1 wrote: I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic.

Your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic. There are other discussions on the same topic but essentially the answer is yes - the Harmony remote can control the Ignite boxes, excepting voice commands obviously.

EugW1
I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

@EugW1 wrote: I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic.

Your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic. There are other discussions on the same topic but essentially the answer is yes - the Harmony remote can control the Ignite boxes, excepting voice commands obviously.

OK thanks. I guess I searched for the wrong terms.

Glad to hear that the Ignite TV box supports infrared too. That would make life a lot easier.

Sean77
I've Been Here Awhile

My question about Harmony remotes was very specific, asking if the ignite box supports RF communication? 

Biollw
I'm an Advisor

@Sean77 wrote:

My question about Harmony remotes was very specific, asking if the ignite box supports RF communication? 

Yes as indicated by harmony remotes working with them. Harmony remotes are RF

Sean77
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually Harmony offers both RF and IR remotes.

https://img.bbystatic.com/BestBuy_US/store/ee/2016/tvv/misc/154441_harmony_comparison.pdf

Unfortunately mine is RF and the ignite box does not appear to respond.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Ignite boxes support RF since they can be hidden away and controlled by the Ignite "voice remote".  As to whether Harmony RF remotes work with those boxes, you'd probably be best asking Harmony that question and also at the same time ask which "device code" to use for your particular Harmony RF remote.

I'm not sure that many people have a combination of Harmony RF remote and Ignite service and visit this forum, hence the lack of a reply here.  And yes, most Harmony remotes are actually IR with only the more expensive ones offering RF.  But even when using RF do they not often utilize a "hub" which accepts the RF signals and is hidden away and then sends IR to nearby devices.  Most devices, after all, are IR.

Bplayer

After a month of use I have settled on using a Harmony Elite rather than the Ignite remote for my HT. My AVR needs some special handling that the Ignite remote cannot perform. I miss the voice command button but it was not used that much.

As part of the Elite setup I created the following sequence to simulates a commercial skip. The results are not exact but it comes reasonable close:

- PageUp (set to 5 minutes)
- delay 2 secs
- Rewind x3
- delay 4 sec
- Play

PZ3737
I've Been Here Awhile

HI - I had to place the logitech directly infront / on top of the ignite box.  Works ok now.

Phil17
I've Been Around

Hello tried pairing a harmony remote by adding the model number on the back of the ignite tv box and still didn't work suggestions.

Bplayer

@Phil17 wrote:

Hello tried pairing a harmony remote by adding the model number on the back of the ignite tv box and still didn't work suggestions.

Try Manufacturer as Xfinity, and Model as X1.

brnsdv
I've Been Here Awhile

When I press Exit 3 times only the current play position shows at the bottom ... nothing on the left.  Are you using the Ignite remote when you hit Exit 3 times?

Hello

I programmed the Page Up button to skip forward 30 seconds on multiple boxes using the procedure in this thread (pressing Exit three times, entering 0030 (or 0300), and OK. )

What I am finding is that the 30 second skip works fine for a day or 2 but then reverts back to 5 minutes. Once that happens I cannot re-do the same steps to restore the 30 second skip. The only way to bring back the 30 second skip is to reboot the box. This restores the 30 second skip for a day or 2 but then it reverts back to 5 minutes again. This has happened on all of the boxes where I have made the change.

Has anyone else had this same experience? 

KRASH
I've Been Here Awhile

Trying to find out what the brand name of my Roger's ignite tv pods are, in order to sync my Harmony One+ remote. I cannot find a model number other than Xi6-T. Has anyone else used a Harmony universal remote that could help?

Thanks,

K

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Select the Comcast X1, that has the right RF codes for the boxes.

KRASH
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for the reply...just completed the steps and all is well. Have a great day!

K

Kromtara
I Plan to Stick Around

This thread was helpful thank you.  The solution for me was to use the setting "Rogers DVR" for "Changes Channels" and, most importantly, to have the Harmony Hub directly in front of the Rogers Ignite TV box (touching).

PZ3737
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello to all - I have a new question.....

Has anyone been able to use google and harmony to change channels?  The issue that I am having is if I use google to change channels, it doesn’t  know it has to complete the command by pressing OK.  Just using as a comparison, when I was with Bell, all you had to do was say the channel, and the channel would change.  With Rogers, there is the additional step of needing to press the “OK” button.  If I say “hey google, change to channel 100” for example, the number 100 shows up on the screen, but without pressing the OK button, the channel wont change.  Can the ignite remote / receiver be programmed so you don't need to hit the OK button?

Would appreciate any suggestions...

Hello, @PZ3737.

Thank you for your query; it's an interesting way to use Google and Harmony remote to change the channels. 

Community - any insights on this topic?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats